Chapter Twenty-One

~
~

Peter was sitting on a fluffy chair, squeezing a stress ball while his new therapist, Amy, sat across from him patiently.

"Peter, I'm not here to drill you." The women said calmly, "This is a safe place for you to talk, it can be about anything."

Peter sighed and squeezed the squishy object in his palm, "L-Like what?"

Amy smiled softly and leaned back into her chair.

"How about that blonde guy who dropped you off" Amy suggested,  her mouth forming into a grin when Peter blushed.

"U-Uhm, he's my boyfriend." Peter mumbled shyly, picking at his shirt with a soft smile

Amy nodded and took a sip of her tea, "Are you guys really close?"

Peter nodded and looked down at his hands.

"H-He's the only one I feel I-I can talk to now." Peter mumbled, a slight pout on his face.

"Why is that?" Amy asked.

"Whenever I-I talk to anyone they treat me l-like a kicked puppy." Peter sighed, (yes, we all know he basically is one).

Amy nodded and wrote it down in her notebook, notcing how fidget toys helped distract him.

"Do you like the ball? It's a common way to cope with anxiety and stress." Amy explained.

"Y-Yeah, it's nice." Peter smiled and squeezed it again as a way to confirm it.

Amy nodded and added that to the side of her page, noting to herself to get more.

"So when you say they treat you liked a kicked puppy, how does Wade treat you?" Amy asked, clicking her pen a couple of times.

Peter thought it over for a couple of seconds, thinking about everytime they've hung out since.

"He treats me normally, like how everyone did before." Peter explained, "I think it made me feel less scared around him."

Amy nodded and wrote it down silently, "I heard from your Dad that you've been struggling to sleep?"

Peter nodded and gulped, Amy taking note of how he reacted.

"U-Uhm.. yeah," Peter sighed, "I've just been having nightmares, so I don't like to sleep."

Amy nodded and wrote it down under all of her other notes.

"Some of my other clients said that when they used pills it helped them sleep without nightmares," Amy paused, "Would you like to try it out?"

Peter stayed still for a second before nodding, he wasn't sure he wanted to but if it helped stop his worthless worrying it was worth it.

"Alright, I have a couple more prescriptions for you to try out and you can tell me how they work at our next session." Amy smiled, handing the prescription reference to Peter.

Peter nodded and put it in his jacket pocket.

"What are you hobbies Peter?" Amy asked, placing her notepad back on her desk.

"Uhm.. y-you obviously know about Spider-Man.." Peter thought over, "I used to love photography."

Amy grinned and took out a slip of paper, handing it to Peter calmly.

"What is this?" Peter asked, quickly skimming the panflip

"The newspaper company here is looking for a new photographer, maybe you'd be interested in that?"