Four

"Katrina? Katrina wake up it's time to go."

"Uhhh. What? Who are you people?"

"Oh, don't worry. We're from child services. It's time to go to the orphanage."

"Oh okay. Where's-"

"I know you have a lot of questions but we'll explain what happened on the way."

I followed them down the hospital hallway and into the car.

"Your father is in prison for a long time, I think about 15 years. You lost a lot of blood and were out for a month in a coma. We've tried to find any traces of your mother or other family members but we have found nothing. For now you will be put into an orphanage until you find your perfect, forever home!"

They were so perky with their bright smiles and glistening eyes it was almost sickening, or maybe it's my stomach because it ached so bad and my arm still had a cast on.

"While you were in your coma the doctors fixed you up. Your father broke your bone in half so you'll have to wear that cast for a while and you have an all new stomach because they couldn't remove the bullet."

They can even deliver bad news happily. It's like they were trained to be this perky. And now I know it's not my stomach making me sick.

"And here we are! The local LA orphanage."

"Yay...."

<><><><><><><><>

The place was a dump. A sad, depressing wasteland of grimy bathrooms and ugly bedrooms filled with rodents, bugs and even bats. I freaking hated this place. All of the other people where giving me dirty looks and weird glances. I don't know what was up with that...

"Hello Mrs. Wilber."

"What do you want."

"This is Katrina, the girl we talked about on the phone.", She tilted her head in my direction.

"Oh! Hello Katrina and welcome! Please follow me we'll clean you up, and get you a room."

She's a really good actress.

I turned around and looked at the woman from child services. She smiled and waved goodbye to me. I waved back and then she left. I actually kinda liked her, she acted like my mother. I wonder how she is able to say goodbye to such sad children. I just don't understand. Then I caught a glimpse of her walking out the door with a single tear on her cheek. I guess she can't say goodbye sometimes.

"You know you look a lot alike that woman who brought you in, who was she?", Mrs. Wilber asked me.

"She's from child services I don't know her name though."

"I think her name is Miss. Wolfe."

"What a coincidence, that's my last name too..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: Hey guys! sorry I haven't updated for a while but I'll try to get back on schedule! tell me if there were any mistakes and any suggestions! Next update will be out next week!

- Maggie