Ruby Rose x Reader

(The reader is neither a female or a male.)
(This oneshot isn't spellchecked or grammar checked)
Requested by:Gachasilv

"Ruby Rose you're stubborn," You smile.
"What makes you say that?" Ruby asks.
"Your hand to hand combat is sloppy but you don't give up, I admire that," You say.
  She becomes flustered, "Oooh Pssh...you're just saying that."
  You laugh, "Trust me Ms. Rose I mean every word."
  You walk off smiling but it soon fades as you meet amber eyes, "Cinder."
  "Y/n...you are aware of our mission here at beacon or do I have to remind you again? We aren't here to make friends," Cinder says.
  "I'm aware, but you did say to get under their skin, find out things, investigate team RWBY, their past, present, and make sure they have no future," You say it leaves a bitter taste on your tongue.
  "Are you sure you know? You seem to be getting a little too friendly with little Rose," Emerald says Mercury laughs.
  "You like her," He says with a smirk on his face.
  "I don't care for her! Shes naive and innocent and it'll be fun hurting her," You say.
   Cinder sighs, "Whatever it is you understand the mission correct?" You nod.
  "Yes ma'am," You say Cinder nods.
  "Good puppy," You groan at Cinder annoyed.
  "I'm not a puppy," You say, "I'm a very intimidating...person."
  Mercury laughs at you wrapping an arm around your shoulder, "Sure bud, whatever you say."
  You roll eyes, "The quicker we get what we need from this stupid school the quicker we get outta here."
  "That's the idea, Y/n," Emerald says, "Now get out of here and be friendly and smil..ey."
  "Smiley?" Mercury laughs.
  "Shush up," Emerald rolls her eyes. You sigh and walk away.
  You look at a group of students and smile at them this place is full of talented students it really is a shame Whats going to happen to it.
  Timeskip
You stood at the top of a Beacon building...everything going up in flames, innocents of people dying, screams of terror and Grimm roars, but your "friends" were smiling at the horrific sight. You slipped away not wanting to see anymore, so you ran away out of their sight. I'm not gonna let people just die because of me and my 'friends' You ran to Beacons entrance seeing friends hurt and no sign of ruby but her sister with her arm cut off and her sisters girlfrie- best friend on the ground holding her not cut arm. Blake was bleeding from a stab wound and Weiss...wheres weiss? And ruby? Where's ruby?
  "Are...wheres ruby?" You looked at Nora and Ren.
  "She's helping Pyrrha...Cinder..." cinder...You knew exactly what was going on. You ran off to find Pyrrha and ruby.
  You climbed the building as best you could the rubble from the top fell onto you as you climbed but did you care?...why did you care? Once you got to the top Ruby was in front of you while Cinder turned Pyrrha to ash...suddenly there was a bright light and you could hear both Ruby and Cinder yelling. You tried your best to block out the light so you hid behind a wall. After a while the light stopped and you walked towards the center of the room. You stepped on Pyrrha's ash by mistake making you cringe back.
  "I...Pyrrha..." You looked at ruby she had fallen and passed out.
  "Cinder?" You looked at her she was unresponsive and unconscious as well her arm missing.  You looked between ruby and cinder your fists clench.
  "Rub-.." You stopped midway you couldn't bring yourself to say her name, "Goodbye...I'm sorry," You go to cinder picking her up and running away off the building not looking back.
  Timeskip
  "Why the long face Y/n? You should be glad that we are serving our mistress," You cringed at Tyrian's words.
  "Whatever just do your fucking job and don't disappoint your oh so beloved mistress again," You say as you get into the airship he growled at you and you wanted to slap him silly.
  "Y/n let's go!" Mercury yelled and you boarded sitting down in your seat.
   "Where are we going?" Emerald asked.
   "The Branwen tribe," Cinder answered.
  "Why?" You asked.
   "Because Raven Branwen their tribe leader is terrified of salem and we can help her." Cinder answered.
  You groaned, "I hate flying how long is this gonna take?"
  "We'll get there when we get there so don't start    L/n," Cinder answered.
"But I'll be so booooored," You said.
  "Than play games on your scroll than! Stop whining!" Cinder yelled and you groaned.
  Timeskip
  After intimidating Mrs. Branwen of the Branwen tribes you guys decided to work together. You were supposed to go through this portal or some shit and fight someone or something like that to get this magic thingy. You weren't listening much and you didn't care much. So you entered the portal following your orders.
  "What the fuck?!" Someone yelled you looked up spotting Yang making you gasp you looked around and spotted ruby and Weiss.
  "Oh...god..." You turned to Cinder, "You didn't say they would be here!"
  "Yes I did you just weren't listening," Cinder said and you took a step back.
  "Y/n...I thought..you were dead that's what people said! Why're you here and with them?!" Ruby looked so betrayed.
  You looked away, "I...I was never friends with you...I don't even wanna be friends with you," Now that was half true, "And I was always working with them just you were too naive to realize."
  "..." She looked down, "You lied to me..."
  You felt like crying her face was just so..broken...
  "Yeah I did...but I don't give a fuck..."
  "How could you say that Y/n?!" Weiss yelled, "I know you this isn't you!"
  "Enough! We've come for one thing and one thing only and that isn't you," Cinder yelled.
  And as soon as you got there a battle commenced.
  Timeskip
  Cinder was gone...Weiss was okay although she was stabbed and Yang returned with the relic and so did blake but she had an army of faunus behind her and looked happy to see everyone. You looked at Mercury and emerald.
  "What now?" You asked.
  "Nothing we retreat," Hazel said and you shook your head no.
  "But we just got here!" You said, "I-I mean..." You looked at ruby her stare was intense as she looked at you.
  "You..." You looked at Mercury, "You piece of shit!" Mercury looked like he wanted to punch you.
"What?" You question.
  "You Wanna Go with them?! After everything salem and cinder gave you!" Emerald yelled.
  "No! I..." A gunshot rang in the air.
  "Back off..." Ruby yelled holding her scythe in her sniper form.
  "You'll get what's coming to ya Y/n and when you do we'll be there," Mercury said and walked off as well as hazel and emerald. You felt as if you were gonna throw up, you fell to your knees.
  "Y/n..." Ruby walked towards you hugging you from behind, "I missed you so much..."
  "I'm sorry," You sobbed turning to hug ruby back. She rubbed your back as you cried.
  "I missed you too," You say and she nods.
  "I know I could see it in your eyes that you didn't want to be with them," Ruby says rubbing your back.
  "Can I stay with you...please?" You say.
   "Yes please...don't go anywhere."

    Thank you for reading and hopefully you enjoyed. :)