Ruby x Bunny! Reader

Requested by Bittyrain17
(Not grammar checked or spell checked)

"Your ears are really soft." Ruby says you two were sitting in the library when Ruby decided to unexpectedly touch your bunny ears.
"Oh. Thank you." You smile.
"Faunus are so lucky, are all ears and tails this soft?" Lucky?
"Just the ones who are kept well. Like for example mine are soft because I know when to wash them."
"It must be nice to have an extra pair of ears to hear out of." You shrug. Not when you're being made fun of because of them or being stereotyped.
"People like Cardin are assholes." Ruby says. You didn't really expect that from her. She seemed so pure and innocent; you guess you were also stereotyping her.
"He's such a dick to the girls too, he's disgusting." You nod.
"Cardin's ignorant, some people are just like that. Ignorant and stubborn." You reply.
"Well he should know better. I mean he's only in this school because his dads got the big bucks. He's not like weiss, her dad's rich too but at least she's got talent." You stare shocked before you burst out laughing. Ruby was right just the fact that she was so right made you laugh. Meanwhile while you are laughing so hard Ruby's looking at you with a smile and adoration in her eyes. Cheesy as it is, Ruby thought so highly of you.
You're probably one of the best fighters shes ever met. One of the strongest, most talented people she's met. The stereotype of bunny fauna being weak held you back. It drove her insane when others would stand in front of you to protect you when she knew you could handle yourself.
Strong and brave, trustworthy and worth so much than what you got. Ruby knew you beyond the bunny ears. She knew that others made you hurt and she wanted to stand for you. She wanted to be the knight in shining armor for you, but she knew you could handle yourself. She'll be the girl who'd be there to have your back.
Ruby was right from the very beginning don't let first impressions take away from the person you can know; don't judge a book from its cover. Ruby knew that.
Ruby Rose was going to be a huntress, a hero, and most importantly she was going to be there for you.

Soft feelings and cheesy romance for a sucky day.