Chapter 9 °insecurities°

I live for photos like these.

Your friends and family always mentioned how you had a "Wonderful body" "perfect shape" or "beautiful figure". You thought after being told these things you'd be confident with yourself.

No...

Not at all...

You were extremely insecure about your body. You hated yourself and didn't understand why. You had so many people tell you that you were pretty, yet you didn't believe them...

Not at all...

It was the day after the incident. You were too embarrassed and angry to show up for breakfast, so you and Kiyoko ate breakfast at her house and went straight to the gym to practice your serves. You've been working on jump floaters and you were pretty good before your past coach forced you to quit.

At breakfast Coach Ukai and Takeda Sensei asked where their two mangers are at and why they are not here.

The blood from Hinata and Kageyama face drained.

Sugawara whispered what happened into the coaches ears and they gasped in horror.

"Oh shit. Y'all are screwed." Ukai said while dragging Takeda, who was frozen in shock, away.

Everyone in the room knew that they were screwed but when Coach said that, their hopes of resolving it went out the door.

When the boys showed up at the gym you were working on your serves.

"Maybe she's not angry at us?" Hinata said slipping his shoes on.

Just as you were about to throw up the ball you noticed the boys walking in. You felt your face turn red, which angered you. You threw the ball up and hit it with all the force you had.

That ball looked deflated after it hit the other side of the court.

"Hmph" You walked off the court and sat next to Kiyoko with you head in your hands. It took all you had not to cry from anger.

"Good job idiots!" Coach slapped the back of Hinata and Kageyama's head. The whole team was disturbed by how hard she hit the ball. Most of their mouths hung open, ready for bugs to fly in. "Fix this before the Nekoma game tomorrow. I don't want you guys to embarrass me." He said while glancing over the whole team.

"Yes sir" they all replied.

"Good!" He claps his hands together, "Now let's get to work!"

For part of practice you tried to avoid all contact with any team members. In the emotional state that you are in, logic does not fit anywhere. After failing multiple times you changed your strategy: avoid contact with all first years.

Hinata and Kageyama for obvious reasons. You wanted to avoid Yamaguchi because you knew he would try to make you talk your feelings out and you don't feel like crying at the moment. Tsukishima has too much power over you right now, so for that reason you avoid him... Also you were afraid that he would make fun of you.

For the second half of practice the team went for a run and you had more time to yourself. You sit yourself on the wall and look aimlessly at your hands.

"Why am I so upset about this?" You ask yourself. You shake your hands as if trying to shake off your bad feelings. "So what if they saw your body. It doesn't matter." You shake your hands more.

It did matter. You absolutely hate the way you look. Tears swell up in your eyes. "I should have made sure the door was locked." You shake them more.