Chapter 12 °Rivals?°

Here I am, once again, obsessed with Haikyuu and sunflowers.

"Well it's exceptionally nice to meet you Y/n-chan," Oikawa said as you got to a school. "My team and I just finished running. So I thought that I'd take you here so we can help you."

"Uhh, I don't want to interrupt," you fretted.

"Oh don't you worry about a thing!" He said beaming as he took you inside a gym. "They won't mind!"

"OIKAWA I SWEAR TO GOD HIMSELF! I TOLD YOU NO FANGIRLS AT TODAY'S PRACTICE!!" You look twords the yelling boy while Oikawa sat you down on a chair and confronted him. "Fangirls?"

You look around the gym and notice the familiar volleyball nets and balls. "Of course! Why would they not play volleyball?! It's not like I was trying to get away from it or anything!"

"Iwa-chan! I would never go against you!" He said pouting like a little kid. "Do you not trust me?"

The boy who yelled looked over to you. You flinch a little as he looked you up and down. "Eyes up here buddy!"

"What did you do to her?" He walked over to you and examined your arms and legs. "Did he harm you?"

"No no!" You shook your head and looked up at him. "I ran into him on accident. It was my fault." You blush a little from embarrassment.

"Hmm" he looked up at Oikawa, who was smiling like a mad man, not sure if the story was true or not. "Kindachi! Go get the first aid!" He said as a boy with hair that stood up ran to a closet.
"I'm Hajime Iwaizumi. What's your name?"

The way he shifts from assertive leader to kind companion kinda spooked you.  "Uh I'm-"

"Her name is f/n l/n!" Oikawa interrupted you. "isn't that such a beaut-"

Iwaizumi began to slap him and push him away. "Don't interrupt people dumbass! It's rude! Now go away idiot!!

"But Iwa-chaan!"

"Go before I throw something at you!"

He sighed and gave you a little wave before going back to practice.

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes. "It's nice to meet you." He said bowing a little. "Sorry about him. He's an idiot."

"Oh no. It's alright. I'm used to it." You say thinking about Hinata and Kageyama. Your heart sinks thinking about them and you try to shrug it off.

The boy with the first aid ran up to you and Iwaizumi. He glanced at you then did a double take. "woah"

You look over at him with raised eyebrows. "Are my arms and knees that bad?" You were clueless.

Iwaizumi elbowed him and he took out a cleaning towel. "I'm sorry." The boy said, "this might sting a little." You nod your head as he gently dabs one of your damaged knees. You hiss from the pain. "I'm sorry! I'm Kindachi Yutaro by the way."

He continued as he cleans your other knee and arms, then Iwaizumi put on the band-aids. After it was all done you thanked them and stood up. "I apologise for the intrusion." You bow and began to walk towards the door.

"Y/n-chan! Wait!! Are you not going to stay?!" You turn around to see Oikawa running twords you.

"Uh, well...."

"I'm sure Iwa-chan won't mind having one person watching! Right?!" He said as he pushed you away from the door.

Iwaizumi sighed and gave into Oikawa, "I guess it's fine."

"Yay!!!" Oikawa cheered as he pushed you to a chair by the court. "We are about to spar against each other!" He said as he skips away. "Oh I almost forgot!" He said as he turned back around, "We are playing volleyball! On the next break I'll explain the rules and other stuff to you!" He skips away as you chuckle to yourself.