Chapter 26 °Explanations°

Quick little intro! Pls remember that I am human and sometimes updates can't be as quick as some like it to be. I am a double major in college and I have a lot to do.

This story is what's keeping me sane and happy. I am very grateful for all of the love my readers have given me. Thank you for reading!

Anyways! Story time!!

"Well you better start explaining Princess!"

You turn around as see Tsukishima walking closer to you.

"Well?!" He stopped right in front of you and looked down.

"Why are you here?" You ask standing your ground. It was hard because of how close he was to you.

He scoffed and back up. "Really?! That's what you say?!" He rolled his eyes and put his hands on his hips. "Not only did you disappear for over 3 HOURS, but you also gave your sister a heart attach because you wouldn't answer your damn phone!" He was obviously mad.

"My phone died dipshit!" You yelled back showing him your phone. "It's not like I was ignoring her!!" You sneered out. You could feel your face getting warm. "Its not like this is your problem! Why do you care anyways?!"

"BECAUSE SHE CAME TO ME CRYING WORRIED ABOUT YOU! AND I FELT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT! I FELT LIKE YOU RAN OFF BECAUSE OF ME!" He yelled.

You could feel the pain in his voice, the way it cracked under tension. Your face softened a bit, but you couldn't help but still be a little angry.

"Well..." Your sister said while tip toeing to her room. "I'ma just go in here while you guys figure things out. So um, yeah." And with that she shut the door.

You rolled your eyes and brought your attention back to Tsukishima. He was glaring at the ground. You notice the bags under his eyes and wonder if he's been sleeping well.

"You don't need to worry about me Tsukishima." You said as you walked past him and to the kitchen. "I'm fine." You grabbed the instant ramen from the cabinet.

"Stop it Y/n" Tsukishima said as you put the ramen in the bowl and filled it with hot water.

You sigh, "I'm fine Tsukishima! I'm a big girl who can handle things on her own! I am doing fine just as I am!" You put it in the microwave and just as you were about to press start you felt him grab your shoulders and twist you around. "Tsuk-"

"Stop talking!" He interrupted you. He was closer than ever before. Noses almost touching, eyes gazing into each other's. You could feel his breath on your skin. You felt you face grow warm but you did not pull away. "Why are you lying?" He asked.

You swallow hard and try to respond but he just kept talking. "To yourself, to your sister, to your friends, and to me. Why?"

"Why? Why..."  You felt warm tears build up in your eyes while your chest aches. "I-i don't know..." You let everything go. Tears, stress, worries, memories from the past, and the present. Everything you have been pushing down finally got let out. "I-i don't know Tsukishima. I d-don't know."

"Shs, it's alright." He said as he brought you in for a warm embrace. You gripped the back of his shirt. He patted your head as you cried into his shoulder.

After a while he pulled away and wiped your tears. "Now, let's go sit down and talk." He said as he guided you to the couch.

You sat down and he did the same. You gazed up at him and noticed that he had taken his glasses off to clean them.

"I am sorry Y/n" he said as he put them back on. "I was being irrational and shouldn't have made that deal with the Grand King." He brought his hands together and fidgeted with them.