Chapter 11 °Old Memories°

I'm not sure what it is with me loving Haikyuu characters with sunflowers.

After returning from the Nekoma practice game, and a short meeting with coach Ukai, Tsukishima walked you home.

You thought everything was ok and normal until ten minutes in and he still hasn't said anything to you.

He usually makes fun of you or has a smartass comment. "Is he still in a bad mood?" You look up at him and see his eyebrow creased. "Yep, still in a bad mood"

"Hey Tsukki?" You say poking his arm to gain his attention. He pushes one headphone off his ear and glares at you.

"What?"

This glare wasn't like the usual ones he gives you. This one felt real and sent shivers down your spin. "Uh, are you ok? You seem-"

"I'm fine" he interrupted you and put his headphone back on.

Your chest felt like someone had just punched you. "Is he mad at me?"

For the rest of the walk you two stayed silent. When you came upon your street all he did was look down it and continued walking.

You stood and watched him walk away for just one second before you walked to your house.

When you got closer you noticed that your sister was on the front porch, ready to welcome you home.

After you two greet you went inside and immediately went to bed.

Before you fell asleep you thought that maybe you should text Tsukki to make sure he was really ok.

After looking at your phone for a few minutes you thought against it. You release a stressful sigh and roll over on your back.

"If he wanted to tell you he would have." You say out loud while turning off your phone and going to sleep.

"Y/n-chan!! Y/n-chan!! Where are you?!" You hear a voice say.

You look all around you but couldn't find where the voice was coming from. "Wait, I know that voice..." You say

"I found you Y/n-chan!"

You turn around and you were face to face with a white haired boy with eyes like the sea. "It's been a long time Y/n-chan!" He said giving you a hug.

"Yeah..." You say embracing him.

He pulled away and looked at you with confusion in his eyes. "Why did you leave? We were going to go to school together."

"I'm sorry" You say tears swelling in your eyes. "That school had the best volleyball team in the prefecture."

"Yet, in the end, they got rid of you." He said backing away. "It will happen again Y/n-chan."

"No it won't!" You yell at him. "Karasuno is a good team!"

"Just wait..." He disappeared but the voice was still there. "Just wait..."

You jolt from your bed in a cold sweat and panting.

You wipe the sweat from your forehead and exhale. "It's just a dream."

• Time skip to the next day

You groggily walk into class, sit down at your desk and put your head down. You couldn't sleep much after the nightmare you had and you missed morning practice.

"Y/n-chan? Are you ok?" You hear Yamaguchi say next to you.

You don't look up and just nod your head. "Yeah...just woke up late. Sorry"

You half expected to hear Tsukishima click his tongue or say something rude but nothing came.

Class was about to start so Yama went back to his seat. Once class did start you tried your best to keep your head up and pay attention.

"F/n L/n, this is not nap time! Wake up and pay attention." You drag your head up, not realizing you dozed off, and apologized to your teacher. She turned back around as the class snickered.

Once lunch began you put your head down on the desk. "Y/n-chan? Are you sure you are alright?" Yama asked once again and placed his hand on your shoulder.

"I'm fine, just tired."

You felt a slight breeze pass by you and you look up to see Tsukishima leaving the classroom with his lunch. "What is he doing?"

"He told me earlier that he wanted to eat by himself today." Yamaguchi said, answering your thoughts. "Not sure why though." He finishes while you watch Tsukishima disappear.

"Oh, ok"

Only today, become everyday.

This continued and Tsukishima hasn't spoken to you all week. He still walked you home but he kept a few feet ahead of you and refused to talk or look at you. He always looked down your street before he continued to walk home.

Yamaguchi started to eat with him again. They went outside while you stayed in the classroom...

...alone

Volleyball practice became awkward and uncomfortable. You felt out of place.

You decided that you weren't going to say anything about it. You were going to keep your mouth shut and let it work itself out.

You thought that home would be the only place that would feel right, yet every night you were plagued with nightmares.

It was finally the weekend and you decide to run off your feelings. "I don't care if the stalker is there." You say to yourself. "I can't stay still." You went outside and began to run.

You thought that running would make you think less about what has happened this week; it only seemed to make it worse.

"They will get rid of you if this continues." You try to shake the thoughts away.

"They will get rid of you...just like before." You feel tears form in your eyes.

"They will leave you, like everyone else..." You run faster, hoping that the thoughts would be left behind. "Dad, old friends, sister, old team, mom, now your new team."

The only thing that stopped these horrendous thoughts was the person you suddenly ran into. You fell hard and scraped your arms and knees pretty bad. You hissed from the pain.

"Hey what th- are you ok? You're bleeding!" The person you ran into said. He had brown hair and wore a light blue shirt and black shorts.

You rubbed the tears from your eyes. "I'm fine" you say trying to stand up but the stinging from your knees and arms made you hiss in pain instead.

"You most certainly are not fine!" he said as you sat back on the ground in pain. "Let me help you."

You look up at him trying to figure out if he's the creepy type. He looks down at you and smiles brightly, "don't worry! I'm a nice guy! No funny business going on! I promise!"

The determination in his eyes were outstanding and seemed good-natured. "O-ok" you say a little hesitate. You felt that if you said no he would not except it.

"Great!" He said squatting next to you. "Now obviously you cannot walk so I'll have to carry you, and no, don't even try to tell me you can walk sweetie." He said to you as he picked you up bridal style. "Sweetie?"

He started to walk as he introduced himself, "I'm Tooru Oikawa by the way!"

Ah sorry for such a short chapter and late post! All the rioting and working is keeping me busy and stressed.

Everyone stay safe!