Dragon And I

Chapter 15

This was another difficult chapter for me to write. I had to debate in my mind what lines I wanted to cross or not cross. Whether I wanted to have this book become differently age rated or not. But in the end, I am happy with the result.

This week I mass released five chapters, well done to me!  

Lady Wei Li Lian
The Dragon Palace

Li Lian lay on the plush gold and white embellished bed and it gave way to her weight, accommodating her. It was so comfortable; if only she could say the same about her circumstances.

There were drawings of birds flocking on the frames of the bedposts. The bedposts had attached cream sheer curtains tied together. When a person slept, they would be let down.

Yuwen Hong stood over her, his lovely tall height domineering. "Li Lian." Her name was said in contempt every time he mentioned it on this night. "Where shall I stab you, you filthy fanny?"

He grabbed her hair harshly and she screamed in pain. They did well for him when they cut her nails.

"Can't you forgive me instead?" Her voice whimpered, breathing fast and eyes begging. She was not so good with begging. But her confidence came from the knowledge that if he drew any closer to her, she was going to kick his shin and make him cry for his mother.

He let go of her and gave her his back. For a moment she thought he was going to leave but he surprised her.

Throwing off his robe, he swiftly straddled her, his beautiful scent wafting the air. Never mind kicking him. How could she attempt anything with his face close to hers?

They were so near each other and breathing the same air, him hers, and hers his. It was weirdly intimate.

She blinked repeatedly when he had the knife's edge on her forehead. Any further force, it would hurt. Slowly, he dragged the knife down the bridge of her nose, mouth, chin, neck, between her breast, stopping at her navel. With his face iced and serious, she dared not say anything.

"Li Lian bed, Li Lian bed, Li Lian bed!" A squawk came from behind him. It was from the birdcage, a parrot repeating Yuwen Hong's earlier words.

Yuwen Hong grinned, a coquettish smile dancing on his lips as he rested on his free elbow and looked back.

Since she once stabbed him, she was surprised he still trusted her to look away when they had a weapon between them. She would laugh at the parrot with him if her life was not being threatened.

Li Lian grabbed the hand holding the knife and bit his thumb aggressively.

Yuwen Hong winced, his grip loosening. She took advantage of this by seizing the knife and mindlessly tossing it on the floor. It toppled, clattering to rest. Instead of continuously biting him, she began to suck on his thumb, appeasing his anger.

Looking at his hooded eyes, it was working. His eyes were slits of lust. Dirty thoughts, he had.

He hit his lip. "Being clever won't work."

"If you want revenge, mark my body by taking me tonight."

She was selling her body for peace. This is what her father saw in her when he first laid eyes on her. A peace offering for the sins of Huticah.

"I don't desire to sleep with a whore." He slipped his thumb from her lips and it traced her bottom lip, smudging her red lip wear. "You are a repugnance... to look at." Yet, the want in his eye said otherwise.