Expelled Princess

Please wait for another chapter after this one. To be released in the next hour. Guys if I'm updating a lot, do me a favor to still support all chapters I uploaded at once. Because to be honest with you, I am kind of preferring slow updates now as that way all my work gets appreciated. Anyway, I'm done for the week! Love you all!

Chapter 49

Imperial Concubine Wei
Wei Li Lian
Hougong

"How are you feeling Dao?"

"My Lady, the medicine you gave me works as if it is magic! My buttocks healed within two days after drinking it and there are no scars at all. Please give me some in the future!"

Li Lian laughed. "You are a cheerful person for someone who got punished."

Li Lian cut herself and drained a large amount of blood into the herbal tea for Dao. After researching for quite a while, using wounded animals for testing, she realised a wound could be treated and healed while leaving no scar if her blood was drunk within five days. Also, how quick a person was healed was determined by the quantity of the blood.

That is why Yuwen Hong developed a scar and took a week or so to heal. She gave him not much blood and also he drank it after weeks of being bed sick―not within 5 days. Maybe that was why Nameless said she must give him only a spoonful, that way he would not heal as fast and cause her suspicion.

Li Lian could not handle to see Dao in pain after three days, thus she also made a mixture for her.

Dao rolled her eyes to her mistress' words. "Life passes away swiftly, I must live happily."

"Hao, hao. I agree." This situation had hurt them both and maybe Li Lian should not have been as harsh toward Dao. Surely there could be other ways to reprimand servants than the way Mistress Ki did it. There had to be another way, always, the same way there is more than one way to kill a rat. "Are you still angry at me?"

"My Lady, how can I be angry at you for so long? I know you care for me and what you wish for me is the best."

Li Lian smiled with a downhearted expression. "All I wished for you Dao is that you would stay pure so that when enough years have passed with you serving in the palace, I could organise for you to get married to a good scholar that would love you and have you taken care of. You would even be titled as Lady Han of the South Wing."

Dao laughed. "Oh, My Lady. Why would I like that? I would be leaving you."

"Is it? All right. You will stay with me forever and I will have Ai married."

"Bù yào," Ai refused. "I will be with my lady forever, let Dao get married. She is the person who likes naughty books!"

"Ai!" Dao rebuked.

This resulted in them laughing.

Li Lian stood from the bedside chair where Ai and Dao were putting pins in her hair. She sashayed, then twirled around. "How do I look?"

"Like a true palace maid!" Ai and Dao said in unison.

It was Yuwen Hong's birthday and there was going to be an official palace outing. At this event, only the official wives could attend with the emperor. Li Lian wasn't one, yet she badly wanted to go along.

She begged Grand Consort Shu all week to take her along as her maid. And it was only after Li Lian made many hair oils and fragrant soaps that the woman finally relented. Li Lian suspected that Grand Consort Shu did not mind it but had refused just to get many things out of Li Lian's desperation.