Waving Good-bye

Nb! My Last Chapter Till November Month-end.

I asked the winners whether they would like to have the chapter on Wattpad so they happily read it alongside everyone or rather they would like to read it alone? They chose Wattpad unanimously. They said they would prefer reading the story with other readers than enjoying it alone. It was so selfless of them, so here it is. Brought to you by the kind winners!

Chapter 63

Imperial Concubine Wei
Wei Li Lian

Li Lian hunched up and jumped onto Oren like a madwoman. She punched and clawed at him causing him to almost fall, but he regained his footing and dumped her on the ground.

"If you were not Elora's spoilt chick, I would kill you without thinking twice!"

Li Lian screamed her resentment. "Why did you do that?" She then sat up and dug a handful of soil, throwing it at him. "I hate people who think the way you do! This world would be a better place with humans that possess humanity."

He looked away to avoid the dust and waved his hand to clear the air. "Little Girl, you will be careful with how you speak to me." His index finger pointed at her, his voice calm. "Do you know how many of the Nevorians will hunt for you if they knew this?"

Heavy sobs clogged her throat. Oh, it was the worst day. She couldn't remember any day as bad as this, being isolated in who knows where with corpses around her. She couldn't handle it mentally. It was too much to bear, all the cruelty and heartless things done, she couldn't stand it.

"What is more important than life?" Li Lian blew her nose and used her skirt to clean it. Blood was also all over her, dirt and sweat. She was disgusting. All she wanted was to bathe, eat and a good bed to sleep on. Then, Yuwen Hong... Where was he?

Oren chuckled and took his sword, walking away.

There was only one life a person had. Dreams, friendships, and memories were connected to that one person, and when they were killed, the web of connection people had with that person was cut off, leaving a void in the loved ones. Forever, that place the person filled would gnaw and yearn in the people left behind. Life was too precious to be treated this recklessly.

What about the clan that expectantly looked at Concubine Pi as their hope? What about the heir of the nation she carried? Not only one life had been lost but two.

Li Lian hurriedly got up.

"Oren!" She ran after him.

"Yes, Princess?" He slowed down, heading to the wagon.

What he called Li Lian surprised her.

"Why do the people of your kind call me a princess? I'm not your princess." Was her mother their queen? She couldn't be, her father always repeated that her mother was a lowly servant. She had always been seen as his bastard daughter. "Oren, do you know my mother? Please tell me who she is if you do."

He huffed. "Go to Furia and find her. But if you don't go, you are not missing out on anything either."

Why? She was her mother, what more joyous occasion could there be than that?

"Where do I find her? I don't know her or what she looks like."

Oren sidestepped her, intending to leave her without answering.

But she wouldn't give up. Again, she overtook him and stopped him.

"Why? Why did you kill Concubine Pi? I thought the reputation that preceded you was who you are." She was disappointed that this man was Yu'er's role model.