Thread

Chapter 69

Queen Elora
Nevoria

“How is she?” The queen burst into the dark lit cave-turned-room and rushed to the bed on the centre. “What is her status?”

“She is having a relapse, again.” Oren said as he stuck needles on Elora’s meridians.

Life had an interesting outlook. The seed he left in her womb is what was bringing them together; what was the evident of the love they once had for the other was what was drawing them together, two decades later.

Queen Elora's eyes circled around the place. She spotted only a closed jar with buzzing bees inside, on the table by the wall.

“You only got the bees?”

“Many species are in hibernation, it is hard to get as many small animals in this season.”

The queen turned to the people at the door, her escorting team she brought along. “Go find as many species and bring them to me. They may help her fighting strength to have them near her.”

They nodded and headed out, leaving only Elora’s Priestess Godmother and a few of her ladies-in-waiting.

The priestess held Elora’s hearthstone, the crystal with magma liquid that beat to the rhythm of her daughter's heartbeat, changing color according to her health status.

What Oren was doing seemed not to work as the hearthstone's liquid still thumped slowly. The color was a clot of darkening red that was almost black. Red meant healthy, black was death. Elora did not have much time.

“What is her given flower?” Oren asked.

“Good idea." She then ordered her servants. "Go find some lotus flowers, many of them to feel the room, we must make a good sanctuary for her.”

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Queen Elora breathed in disparity, looking at the pale skin of Elora. All of her wanted to accuse and call herself the worst mother on earth but that would not help anyone.

“Come on, sweet Elora. You can make it.” She begged. “Priestess Godmother, start  setting up on the table.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

Another look at the hearthstone. The heartbeat was worse than before, they were losing her. Queen Elora shoved Oren to the side “It is my turn now. I can lend her some of my energy.”

“Are you mad? Do you want to kill yourself?”

“She is my daughter.” She looked at her servants. "Remove the needles and make Elora seat."

They obeyed by guiding Elora's languid body not to collapse while seated. The queen then went on the backside of her. She waved her hands in circular motions, gathering energy from within and the surrounding space, even the bees in the jar stopped buzzing, dying on the spot as she stole from them, life.

With one wave, she forced all the gathered heat into Elora. This had her daughter's body jerk forward violently, her head falling on her knees.

Quickly, the queen checked the hearthstone on the table, still the same color, but now irregularly beating. Not much of a change had taken place, but at least that was something.

“Come on, Elora. Won’t you get better?” She took the hand of her daughter and massaged it as they lay her. From the little sparing of herself, the queen felt empty and worn out of all strength.

“All this would be easier if she was fully Furian," Oren lowly growled, "what did you do to her?”

“She took something to restrict some of her characteristics. At that time I did not know she was fully Furian.” The queen gazed at him to see if he caught the hint of his paternity. However, he focused on repositioning the cast on Elora’s leg.