Greener Grass

Chapter 79

Wei Li Lian
Black Sword Academy

"Look, look. She is touching his hand, she is flirting," Kong Cheng said.

"She even has his cloak on," Fang Qing replied.

"The old man is finally getting something tonight. It has been a while." Someone from among the juniors observing through the window replied, making everyone fall into fits of laughter.

It was a wide window with its length stretching down to their knees as they stood, but some like Li Lian knelt on the floor, hands resting on the window seal and peeping.

"Kong Cheng, you are stepping on my garments, you idiot." Li Lian complained and cursed him as she removed his black boot from her robe. She made that outfit yesterday.

"It's just garments, not your body," he dismissed.

"Very disrespectful." She pinched his leg and he squealed.

"What was that for?"

"Shut up! You are making noise," she smirked.

He growled and chose to rather rejoin the others in passing remarks on Oren's courting with the mysterious woman.

Li Lian observed the woman with Oren in the garden. She had her back to them while facing Oren, who seemed not to notice anything else than her. The reason why they were still watching was to see who the lucky woman was, after all. The juniors said Oren never brought women to the academy, so this person had to be special in some sort of way.

Observing her, she seemed to be out of the ordinary. She was just unique in posture, movements and aura, the way she carried herself was beyond normality.

"What are you doing there kids? It is time for bathing." Lance shouted as he passed by from the dining hall and opened the door of the hallway that led to their bedchambers.

Lance was indeed mature, a man focused on growing himself and extending his experience. You rarely found him playing around with the juniors, who loved giving excuses for opportunities to laze around. It was only when his intention was to spend time with Li Lian that he would bother to be around them.

Li Lian saw Lance's hardworking attitude as good in the beginning because the more Lance was focused on his work, the faster they would be able to leave for Furia. However, now that she was not sure of what she really wanted, it was hard to tell whether his progress was a good thing.

"Yoh! Run! Master Oren has seen us!" Kong Cheng shouted in time with Li Lian raising her head to see Oren saying goodbye to the woman and heading towards them.

"Run!" They all screamed.

A havoc of fidgeting, thudding, and pushing commenced as some fell while others walked on others. There was the banging of the door as they fled into the hallway while Li Lian jumped up to also make a run for it, right behind Fang Qing.

Although, when Fang Qing passed the door, he abruptly stopped and caused her to bump onto him that she stepped back in reflex, holding her nose.

He grinned in an evil manner as he quickly shoved her further backwards until she stumbled onto the ground.

"Take one for the team, Li Lian!" He banged the door shut and locked it, leaving behind his loud obnoxious laugh as he ran down the hallway.

"Fang Qing!" she screamed after him. "I will kill you! Just you wait! You better sleep with one eye open tonight!"

"Ahem," Oren cleared his throat from behind her, having entered from the dining hall where there was the nearby outside entrance.

"Master Oren..." she awkwardly smiled. "How are you doing? Have you eaten yet?"