Wingnalia

Chapter 46

Princess Eleanor
Furia

"Your Highness, please think twice about your decision." Shilla knelt on the hallway floor, holding on tightly to Princess Eleanor's dress.

"I thought you wanted the best for me, then why has it saddened you that I seek happiness for myself?" Princess Eleanor tried shaking off the grip of Shilla from her dress. "Let me go!"

"Your Highness, Huticah is a deceptive nation. You shall not be happy there!"

The princess lifted the letter in her hands to Shilla. "Once I get married, I will be one of them. They will love me and take care of me."

"They want to have your hand in marriage because of their desire for power. This is not about love, you will be sad forever, Your Highness."

"It is about love. Crown Prince Hu-go loves me so much that he could not forget me since the night we were together." Eleanor lifted the letter to read it beside the hallway candle stuck to the wall. She began reading the letter out loud. "Everyday without you is like the stabbing of my heart. I miss you and I must marry you soon so that I don't miss you anymore. If you marry me my love, I will want to have you as queen, thus on our wedding day, I will cast out the current crown princess. You will be my queen both in my dreams, my heart and my reality. Marry me Eleanor, I love you too much to not have you."

"All right. All right." Shilla stopped her, not wanting to hear anymore. "I understand. We can have you married but please don't wake your mother."

"I want my mother at my wedding. Everything must go well at my wedding."

"Princess―"

The princess kicked Shilla on the stomach which had the servant rolling on the floor in pain. Eleanor then walked on, opening the door before her, decisive that this was the last day they would drug her mother.

She stopped mid step when she entered and her mouth widened, caught off-guard.

"Mother..."

"Close the door behind you. You are letting the chilly air inside." Her mother sat on the bed, drinking a cup of tea. Beside her, sitting on the bedside chair was Lady Naiyan.

"Mother, how are you awake?"

Her mother did not respond. She drank on her tea looking blankly into the air. She was calm, collected and elegant as always. Even in her old age, she was the most beautiful. All her hair was grey-white, no strand of black left in it.

A furian who was old only wore white as the preparation for death. That was why everything her mother touched or used was white, recently. But since she was also queen, there was also gold allowed on certain things she used.

White blankets, white floor rags, white nightwear and everything else in her room gave her room the depiction of heaven.

"Mother, will you speak to me?"

Her mother finished her tea and gave the cup and saucer to Lady Naiyan.

"You have decided to marry a Huticah prince?"

The princess shifted from feet to feet. "We love each other..."

"Is this why you lost your virtue to him?"

How did she know this part. It was a big secret.

Queen Elora went to say before Eleanor answered. "Very well. Marry him."

Her mother did not mind, after all. She wouldn't beg her to stay and say to her, she was her precious daughter she didn't want to lose. Because she didn't care for her.