traps me in,

The streets were crowded, despite the cold wind of January seeping inside the pedestrian's coats. People in South Korea were busy and the weather was sure not to stop them.

Amongst all the crowds, Jongin walked freely — well, not exactly freely as he still had to sink his face under the thick scarf whilst also wearing a mask and a beanie, but who would question that in this kind of weather? — His destination was the SM building and since it was relatively close to the apartment he lived in, he chose to walk.

There's not much in his schedule nowadays. Well there are some stuff he needs to do here and there, photoshoots perhaps, or mentoring as dance coach for the trainees in SM. But the recent new thing he did the past few weeks would be a new album he had been working on with his members.

'Finally something to be excited about,' Jongin thought.

Pushing the main door in the SM building, his phone rang. Junmyeon's name written on display.

"I'm here, I'm here. Just getting into the elevator, hyung," Jongin answered without saying hello.

"Don't go into the practice room. Instead, head straight to the CEO's office."

"Wait, why?" Jongin press the elevator button heading to the floor where the head of SM's office located.

"I don't know, they just told me to inform you that."

Jongin shrugged. "Okay, I'm heading there right now. This would not take long," he said, ending the call.

The elevator dinged when he finally reached the floor. Jongin opened his mask, scarf, and beanie before knocking and entering when the person behind the door allowed him to.

"Good afternoon, Jongin-ssi," said one of the CEO, well, co-CEO.

"Good afternoon. I was just informed to come here right away, may I ask why?"

Kim Young Min, the co-CEO of SM Entertainment after Lee Soo Man left the office, cleared his throat and moved his hand around the stack of document on his table. On the blue velvet couch in the same room, Nam So Young, the other co-CEO sat down while reading a book.

"Considering your skill in dance, there's an offer for you. A new television program-dancing and singing competition that is- is offering you to be one of the judges as well as mentor."

"And, we think that is a good idea for you to accept the offer because it will boost your popularity again amongst the fans before EXO's upcoming album," Nam So Young added from her seat.

Despite the tug in his chest on the subtle message about his current popularity — or the lack of it, Jongin nodded along. "That's a great idea. When will the show starts?"

Kim Young Min re-read the paper on his table, "It's said here that you need to come for the meeting first for briefing with the other mentors on the next Tuesday. You think you could make it?"

"Yes, I will."

***

It was only seven in the morning. But a small figure was already busy in the kitchen, trying to make the tiniest possible sound while whisking the pancake batter.

Kuma, the black pomeranian dog, waited beside the busy little girl, looking at her curiously. The movement of the whisk intrigued him and-

Bark!

"Kuma!" The girl whispered and looking at the old dog sharply. "Please be quiet, if you're not then eomma will wake up," the girl said, mixing Korean word in her English.