it has to be you

A fresh air was all that Jinri needed, and a walk in the park with Kuma gave her exactly that. The apartment where she and her mother lived in wasn't by all means small, but spending all her days stuck in it with nothing to do made her felt suffocated.

Sometimes, when she was bored she would pay a visit to Cece who lived across their apartment. The old lady would be overjoyed whenever Jinri visited her and served her newly baked pies and telling her stories about how she used to be in a band during her rebellious teenage days and let her play with her kittens. Jinri liked her and enjoyed her company, but still, she needed to get out.

Besides, she had some plans in her head.

Tightened Kuma's leash on her hand, she slightly pulled him. "Come here, Kuma."

Jinri walked until she find a pond in the centre of the park, but waited patiently behind a tree not far from it.

When she saw a familiar guy with his dog, seemingly also walking his pet out like her, Jinri stepped out from her hiding spot.

Making it seem like she was just casually walking with Kuma, she tried her best to put a surprised face.

"Robbie?"

The guy looked at her, giving her a wide smile at first but quickly changed into an awkward frown, as if he was thinking she's the last person ever stepped on the earth he should meet right now. "Oh, Jinri, h-hey, kiddo."

Jinri bent down to give a pat to his pug. "Are you here walking little Oscar out? Here, Kuma, say hi to Oscar."

"Um, yes."

Jinri looked at him. "Why? What happened?"

"Um..." Robb scratched his beard, confused on what to answer. "No, nothing happened," he answered finally.

"So... How's your friend? Does she- does she like me? You've sent her my profile, right, Robbie?" Jinri asked, getting to the main point after realizing that she's bad at making conversations.

"Uh, about that..." The photographer seemed unsure. His eyes were looking at everywhere nervously except Jinri's eyes.

Reading his expression, Jinri's eyes went downcast. A disappointed 'oh' was all that she could mustered.

Her plan failed before it even start.

Seeing the little girl he had a soft spot on ever since she adorably giggled at him on her first ever photoshoot, Robb couldn't help but feel sad too. He quickly added, "No, kiddo, it's not that. My friend said she likes you- she likes you so much! She even got an approval from the brand she works for. However..."

Jinri's ears perked up at this. "Yes?"

Suddenly, Robb frowned again. Realizing something. "Why didn't you tell your mother you agreed to this?"

"W-well, you know, because of the upcoming fashion week, she already went for work when I woke up and only to be back when I'm already asleep. How am I supposed to tell her? I barely met her these days." Jinri half-lied.

Robb eyes filled with pity and she hated it when people looked at her that way. "Oh, kiddo, if you feel like you need a friend, just come here and meet me in this park. I usually walked Oscar at this hour if I have no schedule."

'Yeah, I already know that,' Jinri couldn't help to say that thought in her head.

"Thank you, Robbie, you're so kind," she said instead with a smile.

"About the offer, though.... I think there was a slight misunderstanding between your mother and me since she didn't know that you've agreed to it. She was furious with me on the phone you know," Robb laughed.