we warmly held each other

[Proof-readed by Tsusupany. Thank you <3]

Jinri rubbed her eyes, walking to find the light switch in her room. When the room she slept in was finally lit up, she reached for the tab on the nightstand, glancing at the clock beside it.

06:33 a.m.

Opening the home screen, she let out a yawn and clicked the search-engine app.

'What's that group name he told me again?' She tried to remember. 'Ah, EXO.'

Entering the keyword, she began her quest. Her curious nature made her feel like she needed to do some digging on who Jongin samchon really was— or at least knew basic things like what has his group been up to these days.

But like they said, curiosity killed the cat.

Jinri felt her heart break into pieces when she saw the articles.

'He's going to marry someone?'

***

"Are you sure? I mean... it should've been me who did that since I'm her aunt and she's staying with me at the moment."

"I know, and I don't mean to overstep here-"

"N-no, Kai-ssi. You're not overstepping at all. I'm grateful that you want to take her to a theme park to have fun while she's here, not to mention that all Jinri talks about at the moment is you-"

The corner of his lip was pulled into a smile when he heard that.

"-but are you sure it's okay? I didn't mean to be a burden."

"Of course taking her to a theme park is not a burden, Lisa-ssi," he said. "So, can I?"

And here he was at Jinri's studio building, coming to pick up the little girl as he already had Lisa's permission.

At first, he wanted to wait at the lobby patiently, but once he remembered the state of her feet currently, Jongin chose to ask one of the staff who was passing by upon the location of the set. He didn't want her to walk far and make the bruises even worse than it already was.

He entered the busy set at the same time as the sound of clapper board clicking, a sign that the shooting had just ended. Approaching the little girl, he greeted her.

"Are you ready for today, Princess?"

Jinri looked up to find him. He was expecting that wide smile of hers with those bunny teeth, but instead she looked surprised upon seeing him there — and not in a good way. He inwardly frowned, wondering if she had forgotten about their visit to the theme park today.

"Samchon..."

"Kai-ssi?" came Joohyun's voice.

"Please call me Jongin," he said to her. "We're not on the stage and you're my bestfriend's fiancée."

"Well then, it's Joohyun for you," she answered. Joohyun looked to the little girl beside her, "Are you here to pick her up?"

Jongin nodded, his eyes focused on the little girl who remained silent. "I'll wait here while you change, Jinri-ah."

Jinri nodded at that and went to the nearby changing room. She was oddly quiet today and it didn't sit well with him. What's wrong?

"She's truly a star in the making. I can't believe she was just eight years old," Joohyun's comment made him realize she was still there. "How do you know her, Jongin?"