memories engraved in the seasons

Joohyun groaned when she heard her phone rang once again. She had ignored it earlier, thinking whoever called her this early in the morning might get her message by not picking it up.

But clearly, he or she on that line, didn't.

A grunt came from the other side of the bed.

"Pick up your phone, babe," her fiancé muttered, throwing a pillow over his head to cover his ear.

Joohyun clicked her tongue and gave in. She reached to the nightstand beside her bed, her brows furrowed when she realized it was Rosé who called her.

'Why is she calling me?'

Pressing the answer button, she put the phone on her ear. "Yeoboseyo?"

"E-eonnie," the woman on the other line stuttered, "I'm so sorry to disturb you this early. I just want to ask you: is Jennie eonnie with you right now?"

The lines on her forehead went even deeper. "Jennie?"

Sehun threw the pillow away, turning his head to face her after he heard the name.

"Yes, it's uh-" she heard the sound of a door being closed before Rosé continued her explanation, "She showed up at your party yesterday, right? I told her that she only need to call me when the party is over so I can pick her up."

"But an idiot that I am, I fell asleep and only realized that it's already morning and she's not back yet," she said, Joohyun could sense her fear and panic. "Is she with you, Eonnie?"

"What? What? What is it?" her curious fiancé bombarded her with questions.

She pushed him away, getting out of the bed and going outside to the balcony.

"Eonnie?"

"Is Jinri awake yet?" Joohyun asked that instead.

"Yes, she is," she answered weakly. "She's panicking right now, crying when she knew her mother is not here."

Joohyun bit her bottom lip. Even though she didn't knew the little girl for that long, she noticed that she had a really close bond with her mother. Of course this would make Jinri panic, as Jennie herself shouldn't be here in South Korea in the first place. And it turned out she nowhere to be found now.

"Have you tried calling her?"

"I did, but it seems like her phone is off at the moment. I can't reach her at all."

"Jennie is missing?" Sehun's voice made her turned her back to him.

She closed the speaker with her hand so that Rosé couldn't hear their conversation. "Don't meddle now," she said, her tone warning him.

"It's just weird," he simply said, "Jongin also dissappeared after his speech."

They both were hit by the same realization after that. Joohyun's eyes went wide in horror. "Are you saying..."

Sehun shook his head in disbelief. "That brat," he cursed under his breath.

She quickly went over her shock, hearing Rosé called her name on the other line after not getting response for so long.

"Rosé-ssi, or can I call you Chaeyoung now?" she began, her eyes following her fiancé who went inside to find his phone, probably to call his best friend.

"Just tell Jinri that her mother is with me. I think I know where Jennie is. I'll look for her, you don't need to worry."

***