as i turned around

It was seven in the morning when Jinri woke up that day, feeling refreshed after a good night sleep. She stayed in her bed for another thirty minutes, waiting for her mother to open the door, bringing her breakfast to bed just like every other days during their stay here.

Because of her feet, Eomma usually slept with her in this queen sized bed. She thought that it was unwise to leave Jinri alone since the little girl might want to go to the toilet at night or have any other needs she couldn't do herself due to her state.

However, that wasn't the case for today.

When he tucked her in last night, Appa had told her that Eomma was sick. He also said that she needs to sleep in her own room for the time being, at least until her fever got better. And as long as her mother got her well-deserved rest, Jinri was fine with it.

The sound of the door being knocked made her put away her Harry Potter book. "Come in!"

But instead of her mother, it was her father who opened the door.

"Appa?" Jinri raised her brow in confusion, but she felt happy anyway to see him. "Why are you here this early in the morning?"

Jongin sat beside her on the bed, placing a kiss on top of her head.

"Why can't I?" he asked her back, not really answering her question. "Did you sleep well last night, Princess?"

Jinri nodded. "I did. And you're right too! If I braid my hair it won't be all tangled in the morning. See?"

Jongin laughed at her attempt on trying to show off her braids to him. "I know. Told ya I'm always right," he winked.

"Now that you're awake, Jinri-ah, are you hungry yet? Do you want to have your breakfast now?"

"Oh, yes please," Jinri replied. Tapping her belly, she added dramatically, "I'm famished, Appa- uh, did I use the word correctly? Famished?"

Jongin chuckled as he nodded. "You did. Well then, do you want to eat on the dining table or should I bring your breakfast to bed?"

"Um, can I? Eat outside?" she asked him hesitantly. "It's just getting boring, you know, stucked in my bed all the time. But then again Eomma isn't strong enough to carry me everywhere."

"Well she shouldn't be doing that in the first place," Jongin said, frowning at the idea of Jennie trying to carry the little girl by herself. No offense intended, but he knew that woman had no physical strength at all- she herself said it to him, back then when they were still together.

Jinri shrugged. "I know. But knowing how she is, Eomma would insist and try to do that if I tell her I want to leave my bed," she huffed. "So I just don't say anything and stay in bed all day."

Jongin smiled, noting how the little girl was mindful of her mother even for the simplest thing.

Carefully putting his hand below her knee, and the other hand behind her back, he said, "Alright then, Princess. Let's eat outside. Just tell me if I accidentally hurt your feet, kay?"

He then carried the little girl to the dining room, which was situated in the same room as the kitchen, with the kitchen counters separating both areas.

"Where's Eomma? Why is she not here?" asked Jinri as he put her on the chair. The little girl had thought that her mother would be busy preparing her breakfast at this time of day, but it turned out right now she was nowhere near the kitchen.

Her attention quickly shifted after she spotted one of the dish on the table. "OH! Is that galbi-tang?" she asked excitedly.

Jongin smiled, ruffling her hair as he answered, "Your mother is still in bed. And yes, Princess, that's galbi-tang."