the night our breaths touched

[Proof-readed by Tsusupany. Thank you! <3]

The elevator doors opened.

Jennie stepped out of it, walking through the dim-lighted hallway with weariness in each step. Opening her door to the apartment, she was greeted by yet another feeling of emptiness when she saw the dark room in front of her. It was even more silent since Kuma was staying with Cece at the moment. No one was home except for her.

She missed her daughter.

And Jinri had only left three days ago.

Jennie groaned at that thought. Her daughter was doing something that she should be proud of and yet here she was, being clingy and missing her way too much.

She couldn't even imagine when the day finally came and she had to let her daughter go, pursuing her dreams and make her own life choices.

'No, Jennie, that would be years from now. Don't think about that,' she said to herself. Time flies so fast and it felt like her daughter had grown so much in a blink of an eye.

Trying to push that thought away, Jennie turned on the light in the living room, entered the kitchen, and searching through the cabinet to find a cup. She began making a tea to calm herself after a long and tiring day of work.

In a few days, Fashion Week would be over. The label she worked at only got one more show left before they would go back to their usual routine. Her hectic days won't be coming for at least another four months when new season starts.

Sipping her hot tea carefully, Jennie checked the watch strapped on her wrist. It's one a.m. in Paris time, which means in Seoul it would be eight a.m. The perfect time to call her early-riser daughter.

Checking her phone for the videocall app, she frowned when she realized that Jinri's contact was still offline.

'It's odd. Yesterday she said she wanted me to call her at eight,' Jennie thought. 'Or maybe she didn't wake up yet?'

However, ever since she was a toddler, Jennie could count on how many times she saw her daughter remain in her bed past seven in the morning. Sometimes it made her a bit frustrated when Jinri woke her up for breakfast when she wanted to have a few more hours of sleep. Besides, Jinri literally told her to call her at eight yesterday.

"I'll be leaving for shooting at ten tomorrow, Eomma. You should call me at eight."

She decided to send a message to Lisa, asking for her daughter's whereabouts.

---

"Oh! Eonnie sent me a message!" Lisa exclaimed when she saw the notification on her phone. She quickly tapped on it.

"She must be wondering why I'm not online yet," Jinri said worriedly, still focused on going through her blue backpack. "I'm sure I put it here yesterday. Why is it not here?!" she sighed dejectedly, frustrated at her own carelessness.

"She's asking whether you're still asleep or not," Lisa said, her eyes focused on her phone. "Now what? What should I say? She knows I've read the message, surely we can't just ignore it." She would be lying if she said she's not panicking right now. After all, it's Jennie eonnie they're talking about here.

Ting!

"Wait, I just got another message," Lisa mumbled to herself. Tapping the notification, her brows creased when she saw who the sender was. "Huh? Kai-ssi?"