i don't expect a lot right now

Jennie drove her car silently, passing the 7 AM streets of Paris while sometimes stealing glances at Jinri who sat beside her, sleeping soundly. The little girl woke up early that day since her mother wanted to at least drive her to Robb's apartment building before she leave to work at the atelier. The fashion week had started earlier this week and Jennie can't even take a break to drop her daughter at the airport because the show for the fashion label she worked at will take place in two days. Long story short, it's been a hectic month.

Jennie bit her lip, trying to get her focus back to the road and calmed her nerves. It would be a blatant lie if she said that she's fine with all this. Two weeks had passed since she had agreed to let Jinri go to South Korea with Robb, she even checked for God knows how many times that Lisa knew what she's in for by letting Jinri stay with her (because even though Jinri was definitely not a handful kid, she's still a child that has needs)- but still, nothing could ease her mind. She constantly been having this thought on whether she had done the right thing or not.

She's doing the right thing, isn't she?

It's not like the people in South Korea knows whose daughter Jinri is.

Her palms on the steering wheel began to sweat because of that thought.

Arriving at the address Robb had sent yesterday, Jennie parked her car in parallel with the photographer's car. He and his boyfriend, a guy that Jennie recognized as a model but she never had a chance to work with- were busy putting their luggages inside the trunk and didn't noticed her car.

Jennie turned her head to her daughter who was still sleeping peacefully. Smiling to herself, Jennie softly tucked some baby hair on Jinri's forehead.

"Jinri-ah," she called. "Wake up, baby. We're here."

Jinri grunted and mumbled something. She moved her body to the right, facing away from her mom.

Jennie shook her head amusedly. She kinda remembered someone else who would do the exact same thing whenever she woke him up.

"Jinri, I need to go to the atelier after this. Do you want me to take you there instead of dropping you off at Robbie's?"

That incited some reactions from Jinri. She stirred and yawned before saying, "We're here?"

"Mm-hm."

"That's Robbie and Ollie," she pointed out at the two guys, standing beside the car behind them.

"It is," Jennie nodded. "Now, before I drop you off, can you promise me that you will be a good girl for them and auntie Lisa?"

"Of course, Eomma. I will be the best girl ever and not get into troubles. I never get into trouble before, so why would I now?"

Jennie rolled her eyes. "You're so cheeky sometimes that makes me wonder where did you get that side of you."

Oh, I don't know, maybe my Appa? Jinri answered in her mind.

"Now, I know we've checked for your stuff when we packed. But I want you to bring this too," Jennie pulled out her tab and put it securely inside Jinri's backpack. "That way, you can call me every morning. It will be midnight here in Paris but by that time I will be done with my work. I had charged it full and remember to turn on the airplane mode if you want to play it during your flight."

"No I won't, I already bring book," Jinri showed her mom The Little Prince book written in hangul, a Christmas present from Jisoo imo.

"That's even better," Jennie smiled. "You've put your medicines inside too, have you? Just in case. Thank God you don't go there around spring, otherwise you will be having some trouble because of your pollen alergy," she said worrily, rummaging on Jinri's backpack and checking on her pills. She had packed so many remedies for possibly all kind of health problems Jinri might have.