the way you cry

"What we'll be having for dinner, Eonn- Oh! Chaeyoung-ah! I didn't know you're here," Lisa said when she entered the room, finding Chaeyoung sitting on the couch still clad in her coat, playing with her phone while munching a snackbar.

She hummed. "Jennie Eonnie told me to come by. She said she want to talk to me about an important matter that 'strictly cannot be discussed through phone call'," she told Lisa, making a quote-on-quote sign with her hands. "You just got back?"

Lisa nodded, taking her snackbar and ate it. "Where is she then?"

"Helping Jinri walk to the toilet, I think."

As she said that, Jennie came out of Jinri's room, holding her tab. They realized that she was calling someone and putting it on loudspeaker.

"Chaeyoung-ah, take off your coat," she told the younger woman absent-mindedly, putting the the tab in standing position on the coffee table in front of them.

Lisa and Chaeyoung looked at each other when they saw that it was Jisoo who Jennie was calling. There's only one question in their head right now:

What was she going to tell that made her gather all of them?

"Chaeyoung-ah-"

"Alright, Eonnie." She took off her coat immediately.

"Why are you calling Jisoo Eonnie?" Lisa asked. "What is this 'important matter' Chaeyoungie said you want to talk about?"

"Wait, Lisa-ya," Jennie said, distracted with her attempt on making the tab to stand still. "Why is she not picking up yet? She told me that it's her free time right now," she mumbled to herself.

Finally, Jisoo's face was on the screen.

"Jen- oh? It's you two?" she was surprised when she saw that it was Lisa and Chaeyoung's confused faces who greeted her. "Nyeongan!"

"Nyeongan to you too, Eonnie!" Chaeyoung waved to her. "What took you so long to pick up?"

"I was just reading the script for tomorrow. But now I'm as free as a bird," Jisoo told them. "Where's Jennie? She told me yesterday that she wants to talk to me about something."

"She's here-"

"Scoot over," Jennie told Lisa who immediately gave her a space to sit down on the couch. "Hi, Eonnie," she said, waving at Jisoo with a smile.

"Jendeuk!" Jisoo exclaimed. "What is this? Why- why are we all gathered up like this? What is it that you're going to tell me?"

"Exactly my questions," Lisa said, eyeing Jennie with a curious expression.

"Well," she began, wetting her lips nerveously. She was trying so hard to calm her racing heart. Ever since yesterday night after Jongin had left the apartment, she was flooded with so many thoughts on how her members would react to the truth she's going to reveal. She then told herself that they were going to be okay with it and support her no matter what, like they always did.

But now looking at all their questioning faces, she wasn't really sure about that anymore...

What if they hate me?

Just like Jongin when he found out.

"What, Eonnie? 'Well' what?" Lisa's voice bursted her bubble of thoughts.

"Shut up, Lisa-ya, she's about to open her mouth," Jisoo chimmed in.

"Oh, I'm getting a déjà vu," Chaeyoung muttered, her eyes turned scared for a moment.