just stay with me

[A/N I put a picture of Ella Gross (from her Instagram acc (@.ellagross)) as Kim Jinri on the media. She truly is a mini Jennie, isn't she? The similarity is mind blowing!]

Jinri woke up immediately when her alarm went off. It was a restless sleep for sure. She had tossed and turned on her bed, forcing herself to go to sleep early so that she can wake up at 1 AM- there's something she needed to do that involves time difference.

The apartment was quiet with only Kuma's soft snores filled her room. Her mother wouldn't be back for another hour, as she usually was because of her work during this time of year. Which was perfect, considering that Jinri needed to talk to her about Robbie's offer. She had tried to wake up as early as she can to catch up with her mom in the morning, but all she found was cold toast with a post-it from her mother, saying good morning with a very wide smiley face.

Wearing her bunny flip flops, Jinri walked into her mother's bedroom, heading straight to the nightstand where she charged her mother's tab before she went to sleep.

Unlocking it, she sat on the bed and began looking for the video call app. She pressed the call button, silently praying that the person would pick up.

"Eonn- Oh! Jinri-ah! Hello, sweetie! I thought it was your mother who called," Lisa's cheerful voice greeted her.

Jinri smiled at her aunt. "No, auntie. It's just me."

Lisa looked like she was in thought for a second. "But... isn't it midnight in France right now? Why are you still up? Where's your mother?"

"Well I did slept but I woke up because I needed to call and talk to you. And as for Eomma... she's not home yet. You know, the fashion week starts in a few days so yeah, she's busy."

"So you're alone at home now? Gosh, I sometimes can't believe that you're just a kid, Jinri-ah. But then again, you're Jennie eonnie's kid so it's not a question, self-sufficiency runs in your blood." They both laughed at that. "You said you wanted to talk to me? Well, what is it, sweetie?"

Jinri secretly let out a deep exhale. She needed auntie Lisa's help for her plan to work. "Right. So... I got an offer for a commercial film from a friend of my photographer -I think it's for some dairy products? I forgot the details. I really want to do that since it's my first time doing a CF and not to mention it's for a big brand, which is super rare for a beginner like me."

"Wow, if it is that big and you don't feel any pressure doing it then you should go for it, Jinri-ah," Lisa said. She felt proud of her little niece achievement ever since she was young. She truly is Jennie eonni's daughter.

"But the problem is," Jinri tried to make her voice sound as desperate as possible, "the shooting for that project will be done in South Korea. The brand is based there."

"Whoa, jjamkanman, jjamkanman (hold on, hold on)," Lisa stopped her. "Are you saying that you're about to make a break in here? Like in South Korea? Gosh, Jinri-ah, now I'm one hundred percent convinced that you should do this. It's a great chance for you to improve, speaking from my own experience. Wah, and to think that you are only eight years old," Lisa shook her head, amazed.

"Almost nine- but yeah, I know, auntie, I really really want to do it. And this is why I call you today, you know. I need your help."

"What is it? What is it? I'm all ears," said the Thai idol excitedly. This might be her chance to prove to Jisoo eonni that she's the fun and reliable auntie among the three of them. I mean, Jinri didn't call them- she call me! Kekekekeke.

"As you know, Eomma is still busy with her work, and it's not for another three weeks the fashion week will end. But the shooting will be held about two weeks from now which means that she couldn't accompany me to Korea," said Jinri sadly.