just stay with me

"Are you okay, Jinri-ah?"

This was her weakness. She's always been the type of person who wears her heart on her sleeve- no matter how hard she tried to hide it, her facial expressions can't lie.

Aunt Lisa seemed to notice her distressed state and asked her that question several times today during their 'Seoul tour' (a bit funny because her silly aunt wasn't a native yet she acted like one and knew all the great places to visit).

Jinri had tried to tell her that she's okay, but aunt Lisa seemed convinced that she might be tired due to the long flight and a bit jet-lagged now. She quickly ended their tour despite Jinri saying that she's fine so many times and dropped her at her luxurious apartment.

"This is your room, Jinri-ah. I had people cleaned it thoroughly, vacuumed the carpet, changed the curtains, and basically redecorate it as per your mom's instruction. Now rest, sweetie." said auntie Lisa before abruptly leaving to the nearest supermarket because she forgot to do some grocery shopping (something that Jennie had underlined very badly since she doesn't want Jinri to eat fast foods).

Pulling her gigantic suitcase to the center of the room, Jinri carefully laid it down on the carpeted floor and unlocked it. Perhaps doing some unpacking could keep her mind off the thoughts in her head.

However, the first thing she saw after opening her suitcase was the Dumbo plushie her Eomma got for her. It was from when the two of them went to Disneyland Paris on her sixth birthday.

"You want to put Dumbo in too? Isn't that going to take up so much space in the suitcase, Eomma?"

"This may sound cheesy, Jinri-ah, but I want you to bring this with you."

"Why?"

"Well..., maybe if you feel like you miss me, or Kuma, you can always hug Dumbo."

At that time, Jinri only cringed at that and Jennie hastily placed the elephant stuffed toy inside and zipped the suitcase before Jinri could protest.

She missed her Eomma.

Okay. Don't cry, Kim Jinri.

But the single tear that fell down to her cheek was a proof that she wasn't able to hold it. The other watery drops soon followed and Jinri couldn't help but to succumbed down into a fit of tears. Ugh, she hate it so much when she's being weak.

Not even a day have passed and she's already a mess.

Well, at least she do it when nobody was in the room.

Letting out a snifle, Jinri picked up Dumbo from he suitcase. She missed her mom and Kuma and Paris and on top of all: she's not sure of herself anymore.

That's quite surprising, considering how confident she was about her so-called plan and the whole I'm-going-to-South-Korea-to-find-my-dad-because-my-mom-wouldn't-tell-me thing in the first place.

But as soon as she sat at the plane and looked out at the glistening blue sea, it hit her. Hard. Now she don't even know what the hell was she thinking- planning all of these recklessly.

That's a bad word but nevermind.

Her thoughts got only worse and worse after more than eleven hours stuck only on her seat with occasional toilet sessions. She tried to focus her racing mind to the book in front of her, but it kept going back into thinking on the possibility of finding one particular person, whom she had no idea of except for his face (not even a name!), in a country populated by millions.