smoke coming out from our mouths

[Proof-readed by Tsusupany. Thank you! <3]

Jongin drove out of the building. He could feel the little girl beside him staring curiously from his peripheral vision. Chuckling lightly, he asked.

"What's the matter?"

"Where's my aunt?" she asked him instead. "Why are you the one who picked me up?"

"Your aunt still has some taping to do," he answered her, amusement glinting in his eyes. "And I want to personally return the tab to you too. Here," he reached for the device he stored inside the glove compartment.

"Thank you, samchon," Jinri said to him while checking her mother's tab.

"I charged it yesterday. Good thing I have the same kind of tab because I didn't have trouble looking for the charger," Jongin explained. "Is that your dog?" he asked, glancing at the wallpaper.

"Mm-hm," she nodded, suddenly missing the black ball of fur who followed her everywhere almost 24/7. "His name is Kuma."

"Kuma?"

"Yeah, he's a cutie. Although he doesn't run as fast as he used to because he's an old boy now," Jinri giggled. "He must be missing me since I'm his only companion."

'Didn't Jennie also have the same kind of dog who looked like that? And it's name was also Kuma, wasn't it?'

This is what he meant when he said the universe hated him. Every day, there's always things that reminded him of her. He couldn't even breath freely for a day.

'Perhaps Sehun was right. I need to end this. I have to move on.'

Gripping the steering wheel a bit too firmly, he turned his eyes to the little girl beside him.

"What do you think about having some Korean fried chicken, Jinri?"

***

Jongin: Soojungie?
Jongin: Please reply to my messages
Jongin: I don't know what I did wrong but I'm sorry...?
Jongin: I want to talk to you about yesterday.

Still no replies.

Sighing to himself, he put his phone back inside his pocket. His eyes went to the little girl who was quietly savoring the fried chicken on her right hand, and a cheese ball on the other hand. She seemed really focused on tasting it, making Jongin chuckled in amusement.

"Is it that good?"

Jinri only nodded. Her taste buds were having a small party right now and she couldn't even speak. She realized that this is what her mother meant when she said she missed Korean fried chicken terribly and no other fried chicken in the world could ever be up to par with it.

"You should try eating the white stuff in that plastic too," Jongin suggested, sitting beside the little girl.

"What's that?" Jinri frowned, looking at the small watery stuff in the plastic Jongin had opened. "It smells weird, samchon."

"Pickled radish," Jongin simply said. Putting one small piece of radish in front of her, he said, "Try, Jinri-ah." He had to hold a laughter when he saw her make a face.

"Uh, I'd rather not."

"Come on," he said, trying to convince her. "It tastes good, I promise."

She finally opened her mouth.

"See? Not too bad, isn't it?"

"It's weird," she said, munching it. "But with the chicken and the sauce, I think they go along really well," Jinri commented, as if she were some kind of top-level chef reviewing a fancy dish.