how much you mean to me

The glass on his hand almost slipped as his hold on it loosened. Putting it on the kitchen counter, Jongin quickly bent down to his knee and grab a hold of her unconcious body. The warm temperature he felt as their body touched made him realized that she was having a fever, and it only served to make him even more panicked.

"Jennie? Jennie?" he lightly tapped her cheeks, trying to wake her up but to no avail. The way her cheeks was flushed red from her own body heat but her lips was completely pale made the alarm in his head rang instantly.

He had to do something.

Trying to calm his racing heart, he quickly carried her over to the nearby couch since he didn't exactly know which one her room was. Once her body was neatly placed on the couch, his head started on thinking about what he should do right now. Jonging tried so hard to be rational, pushing the negative thoughts in his head while he held her wrist to check for a pulse.

It's there, but faintly so.

He... couldn't exactly bring her to the hospital right?

Because there would be people there.

If they knew it was Kim Jennie who was laying unconscious on the ER bed, words would easily go out and the whole nation would know about her return the next day.

But if he couldn't get her to the hospital then...

Well he did have someone...

Without thinking about it further, Jongin pressed the speed-dial on his phone. His call quickly got answered by one of the manager he trusted.

"Hyung? Could you send me Doctor Yeo's number?"

***

Jongin was pacing restlessly in her room, stopping once in a while to look at her only to find that she's still unconscious under her thick duvet. After making a call to EXO's personal doctor, he scanned every rooms in that semi-penthouse apartments and found hers.

A wet washcloth was placed on her forehead, acting as a makeshift cold compress— the least he could do at the moment after rummaging every last corner in this apartment looking for an ice pack or even a simple piece of rag to be used as a substitute.

It's been exactly fifteen minutes since he called, what didn't the doctor arrived yet?

Was it because of the traffic?

Did he need to call another doctor? But who? He didn't exactly have a phonebook full of doctorsʼ number in his pocket right now, and not to mention said doctor should be able to keep their mouth shut after treating her.

But perhaps his mother could give him the number of that doctor who used to treat him and his sisters when they were children? However he wasn't even sure his childhood doctor was still alive since she was already old even back then.

Should he just give a call to his mother just in case Doctor Yeo didn't make it?

A small grunt coming from the bed made his head turned fast, breaking the circle of his pacing as he quickly halted.

"Jennie," he said, coming to her. Jongin felt himself flooded with utter relief when he saw her eyes fluttered open. "H-how do you feel? Do you feel any pain?" he asked her, trying so hard not to make her overwhelmed by his questions so he refrained from asking more.

"Wait- what are you doing? You should stay in bed!" he hurriedly came to her aid when he saw her trying to wake up.

But her attempt was useless. Her body was as weak as a newborn kitten, making her gave up after trying.