Changed

⚠️TW⚠️ this entire story is a TW. Read at your own risk.

Regret flooded Ravus’s heart as the male flinched away from his touch. Yet the blindfold peeled away once the knots were loosened. It revealed the pair of emotionless grey eyes that hid behind the black cloth. The gaze that refused to meet his simply hung downwards. Less than empty, the male was far worse than he was during their last encounter. Ravus didn’t think that would’ve been possible back then. The dark bruise around his eye, and the ones that covered his face were painful even to look at. All he could do was stare in silence and horror. The ropes dug into the skin so tight that any movement would cause considerable pain were it not as numb as it was. That anyone could continue to torture someone so young, who was most likely guilty of nothing. Stolen from wherever he used to call home, and handed over to one of the most vile owners. The nobleman felt a pit of disgust towards the duke lodge in his throat. All of the bruises and fresh injuries were too much. For anyone. They weren’t even all that the male probably suffered, either. For a split second, the nobleman forgot what he’d done. The blindfold was there for a reason, and if it wasn’t back on in the exact same position, and tied in the exact same way that the duke tied it, there would be hell to pay. Not for him, but for the male before him.

Silently, he lifted the blindfold back up to the male’s face, rose, and circled around back to retie it. It was then that he saw the dried wax, and the hints of rest of the male’s injuries from between the chair’s backing. He yanked at the blindfold once it was over the male’s eyes, giving a soft apology as he did so. He pulled at the cloth so tightly that his fingernails dug into the top of his palms. Just the way the duke had done it. He knew that if he tied it any less, the duke could take notice. Everything Ravus did, he did in silence. He couldn’t find any words to express what he was feeling, nor would anyone be able to respond to him, and he dared not touch anything else for fear of both hurting the male, and angering the duke later when he returned to his precious pet. Not only that, but the flinching earlier left an impact in the nobleman as well. He’d never had anyone flinch away from him in that manor. As much privilege as he held within the royal palace, there was absolutely nothing he could do here, and he detested it.

He had to return to the party or someone would notice his absence. The duke would notice his absence even in his drunken state. Ravus hesitantly rested his hand softly on the male’s head before returning to the entrance to the room. He glanced over his shoulder with a dark expression on his face as he silently vowed to return, and somehow free the poor male from his torment. Ravus didn’t know why he felt that way, but the thought refused to leave his mind. He placed his hand over his pendant, calming its powers before returning to the party. After what he’d just witnessed, however, there would be no way the nobleman could find enjoyment in anything that happened there.

The guests left just before midnight. Ravus stared blankly out the window of the royal carriage as it escorted him back to the palace. He wouldn’t bring the matter up with the prince. They were good friends, but there was no way he could ask the prince to do anything about the things his uncle did to one slave. In all honesty, the thought of going to the prince for help never occurred to him anyway. He would have to find a way to get the male out alone. How, he couldn’t even begin to imagine. This was the duke he was challenging. Were he to be caught, there was a chance that not even he would be spared from whatever punishment were to be brought upon him for stealing the possession of a noble. He had to think this through, hoping that the male could hold on until he did so.
Once the manor became void of laughter and merriment, the duke returned to his pet, taking his time as he opened the door with a slight creak, and walking over to the bound male as the moonlight shone down on him. The duke reached down, taking the male’s chin in his hand, and lifting his blinded gaze. He caressed the male’s bruised skin and leaned inwards.

“Did my dear pet behave itself while I was away? You had to wait such an awful long time…” the duke traced the tips of his fingernails along the male’s neck, and down to his collarbone. He circled behind, and began to undo the knots. It was time for his favorite time of the day, after all, and now he didn’t even need to keep the male tied up to transport him from one room to the next. There was a brief pause as the duke took a look at the knot work of the blindfold. Something was off. He did, however, keep the gag and blindfold on. He’d come to love the way his pet looked gagged and blindfolded.

The duke led the male beneath the manor this time. It was the first time he’d actually took the male anywhere else other than that room, and the bedroom. The path to the basement was a winding stone stairway. Purple flames lit the torches as the duke descended. He kept a tight grip on the male’s arm to prevent him from stumbling, and when they reached the bottom, he led the male to the center of a rectangular room. The duke planted a soft kiss on his dear pet’s forehead and removed the gag before he stepped back.

“It would appear you had a little visitor earlier. Who was it?”

The duke questioned, his voice icy calm. His eyes began to glow a dark purple. The stale air around them shifted. The shadows beneath the male began to stir restlessly as they awaited their master’s absolute command. With the raise of one hand, they rose from the ground, and began to wind around Taylen's ankles. They took physical form, acting like thick vines that wrapped themselves around the male's wrists, holding them high above his head. They tightened their grip, holding him securely in place while the duke awaited his answer.

--------

A/N If you guys have any questions or thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Just let me know.