The Wrong Answer

⚠️TW⚠️ You already know if you've read this far. 

That was not the answer the duke was looking for, though he would not receive it no matter how much he tormented the male. None of that mattered. He was furious beyond comparison, and that fury would be projected onto Taylen. The darkness consumed the male deeper into the abyss, stretching his limbs painfully apart as the shadows amassed together. The mist continued to amplify even the dullest of the male's senses, and the lack of sight aided in this. Every tightened tendril, every burning sensation. It was all heightened. The duke did not want it heightened all the way, though, and held back as the visions attacked Taylen's senses. The darkness took the form of a massive serpent that completely surrounded the male. It strangled his neck, dug its venomous fangs into his arms, and held him down as the shadows began to violate him. Illusionary toxins spread through the male's body. Somewhere within the darkness, the duke's cruel chuckle echoed. The feeling of a hand caressing Taylen's back appeared as the duke manipulated the male's hold on reality. His senses were the duke's to control. Where the physical realm had dulled Taylen's pain, the illusionary realm amplified it. It reminded him of what the pain truly felt like, and the fear from staring into the abyss's intoxicating eyes. This was the duke's true magic. It was as if he were darkness itself. Taylen would be among the few to witness such a horror, and come out alive.

The duke slid his hands along Taylen's body, allowing him to feel the pain from the fresh bruises and scars in his current state. The serpent's tongue flicked against the area it bit into as the shadows continuously violated the male. The darkness spread through his body with each release. When it melted away, the male would find himself in an endless pool of black liquid. The sky above was clouded over. Black serpents writhed beneath the surface, rubbing against Taylen's injuries. They rose, winding up his naked body. They caressed his cheek, flicked their tongues against his collarbone, and slithered around his neck. At the same time, the duke was doing the same, as if the serpents in Taylen's vision represented his actions. The duke was now knelt in front of the male, going about his usual routine as the visions robbed Taylen of reality. He began to sink into the black liquid, which stuck to his limbs, preventing him from pulling his way out, as if he were sinking into thick mud. It began to suffocate him, though in reality, he was still able to breathe.

When the mist died down, and the visions subsided, Taylen would find himself back in the usual bedroom, shackled to the bedpost. The duke had fully satisfied himself that night as the hours passed. The glow in his eyes faded, and the intense magic aura surrounding him dissipated.

He would find out on his own who dared touch his prize without his permission, and punish them thoroughly, no matter who they were. The duke returned that day only to have his pet fed. Scraps of food mixed together on a wooden plate. That was his breakfast, and his lunch. He placed plate on the ground, and forced Taylen to eat from there as usual. His rage had seemingly faded, and he would resume their usual routine without the use of magic. That was one thing the duke didn't want Taylen to get used to. The amplified pain from his illusions, and the fear that came with it. That was a treat he'd use sparingly.

Ravus felt a chill run down his spine as he slept that night. A dreadful feeling coursed through him, and he rose in an instant. He was in his sleeping quarters in the palace. Moonlight streamed through the glass panes to his left. The memory of the duke's slave returned to him, and he leaned over, placing his head in his hand. By then, the moon was preparing to dip beneath the horizon. Ravus, not wanting to go back to sleep, slipped from his bed, and began to prepare for another day. Now, stronger than ever, the male from that night burned into his mind. Unaware of the suffering his actions caused the male, he stepped out of his room, and passed down the empty corridor to his study.

----------------

A/N: Despite having my nephew I'm gonna do my best to keep updating this. He's an easy baby which is lucky for me. Thanks for reading y'all!