🌙Haunted house🌙

"I don't want to. Why are you making me do this?"

"It'll be okay, Troye. I promise, I'll stay by you the whole time," Jenna assures.

Troye whines as they move forward in line.

He hates haunted houses.

He loves Halloween but he can't stand being scared by other people.

Movies were fine but in a situation where the scary people could actually touch you—purposely or accidentally—he wants no part of it.

His best friend Jenna on the other hand loves being scared.

Sometimes he didn't know how they were even best friends.

"Okay, now don't worry. Don't let go of my shirt."

Troye lets out a deep breath as they enter the house.

With only a few jumps in he first room, Troye figures it wouldn't be as bad as he thought, as it may be a lame, cliché haunted house.

He calms slightly.

They enter the next room which is a black out room with an exception of faint light on the floor leading to the next set of rooms.

There were several.

His grip tightens on Jenna's shirt in order to not be separated.

A character jumps out from the darkness scaring Troye.

He screams and covers his face quickly moving forward to exit the room.

He lets out a breath as he slowly opens his eyes and notices he's in a new room.

It had a green tint with chains and loose wooden boards hanging from the ceiling.

The walls were ripped and torn and the floor is covered in dark red stains that, Troye assumes, is meant to look like blood.

"Jenna, how many more rooms are there? I wanna go home."

Not getting a response, he looks around.

Jenna is nowhere.

He is alone in the room.

"J-Jen?" He asks quietly.

His breaths get heavier as he slowly takes a step forward, his eyes focusing on the door leading to the next room.

He's almost to the exit when a character runs up to him with an evil laugh making his back press up against the wall.

He drops to the floor with a sob, "No! No, no, no! Please, leave me alone, please, please, please! I just want to get out!"

The character freezes and watches Troye beg.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Troye shakes his head at the guy.

Crouching down, the man gently places his hands on Troye's shoulders, "I'm Jacob. I'll get you out, okay? But you gotta follow me."

Troye peers up at the man and allows him to help him up.

"Hold on to me, alright, we don't need you having a panic attack."

Troye tightly grips Jacob's arm as he leads the way.

Entering the next room, Jacob calls out, "Hey, Alex, Dallas, don't jump out, I got a code two."

"Are they okay?"

"Yeah, I just don't want him to hyperventilate or anything."

"Alright, just get him some water. But hurry, you gotta get back to your spot, the next groups about to come in."

The two make their way through the room, Troye glancing at the characters in their ready positions to jump out.

They smile at him.

Finally making their way out of the house, Jacob guides them to a bench and sits down.

"Are you okay?"

Troye nods, "Yeah. Sorry for...that."

"Nah, don't worry about it," Jacob chuckles lightly. "I gotta get back though. Um...would you maybe wanna hang out sometime? I'm off in about hour. We could get dinner or something?" smh almost gave him a heart attack and ask to go out lmao

Troye smiles with a small blush, "I'd like that. My treat for making you take care of me."

"No tricks?"

Troye laughs.

"Sorry, lame joke," Jacob grins.

"You're good. Oh, I'm Troye, by the way."

"Nice to meet you. Wish it would have been under better circumstances but..."

"I hope you're not ugly and it's just the makeup that makes you look scary."

"Oh yeah, no I'm a dumpster fire."

Troye laughs, "Well, you're a very sweet dumpster fire."

"Gotta have something going for me."

Troye laughs again, "Oh my gosh, okay. I have to go find my friend. We got separated in there. And you have to get back. Give me your number, we can meet up."

Jacob gives Troye his phone number before saying their goodbyes.