🌙fence🌙

Jacob lies his head back against the couch.

Having just gotten home from a twelve hour shift, all he wants to do is sleep. 

He groans, irritated, as a knock sounds at the door.

Standing up, his feet cry out in pain. 

He opens the door and sighs as he sees his dog, Nash, happily wagging his tail in his neighbors arms. 

"Someone came to say hello again." 

"I'm sorry, Troye. Nash, you gotta stop crawling through the fence. You realize this is the third time this week and it's only Tuesday, right? That's a new record, just to let you know," Jacob states, taking the four legged animal from the blond' arms.

"He wasn't bothering you, was he?" 

"No, not at all," Troye smiles. "It's always a delight to see a dog digging through my trash." 

"Nash!" 

"I'm kidding!" Troye laughs. "He's always a good boy. I guess it doesn't really help that neither of us do anything about the hole, so I guess it's a little bad on my part too. Oh, also, I may or may not have bought some dog treats, so if he starts to put on a few pounds the more I continue to return him home, don't be surprised." 

Jacob smiles softly, "Well...thank you. For not getting mad." 

"Of course not. I couldn't get mad at that face," Troye grins, petting Nash's head, making his tail wag faster. 

"Well, then thank you for bringing him home. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon, just...under different circumstances. Now, sorry to cut this short, but I just got home from a twelve hour shift and I'm ready to fall asleep standing up." 

"Oh yeah, sorry! I'll see you around, Jacob," Troye grins. 

"See you around."  Jacob shuts the door as Troye turns and steps off the porch. 

Jacob sighs and looks at his dog as he sits down on the couch, "Good job, buddy. Maybe next time, I'll have the guts to ask him out. Probably not, but that's what the hole in the fence is for, right?"