🌙ambulance🌙

Jacob drums his fingers on the steering wheel as he turns left onto his road.

Sirens of an ambulance blare loudly, the red lights flashing as the vehicle speeds down the center.

Cars pull to the side to allow it space and Jacob watches calmly as it passes, silently praying for whoever was inside to be okay.

Pulling back on the road he's surprised to see the accident scene not far ahead.

Glancing at the scene, he sees two cars in an obvious head on collision. Doing a quick double take, he freezes.

"No," he mutters. Stepping on the gas to hurry home, he whips into the parking lot of the familiar apartment building.

Grabbing his phone from the center console, he clicks his boyfriend's contact.

"Come on. C'mon, Troye. Answer your phone."

Hey, it's Troye! I'm probably sleeping, sorry! Leave a message and I'll-

"Fuck!" Jacob panics, ending the call and throwing his phone to the passenger side before speeding out of the parking lot once again.

🌙

Sprinting inside the hospital building, the receptionist jumps at the pink haired man suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"Is Troye Sivan in? I-I think he came in ambulance."

The woman nods, already knowing, "He's in surgery right now."

Jacob lets out a breath, "Do you know when he'll be out?"

"I'm sorry. It's hard to say."

Jacob squeezes his eyes shut, "Okay."

"If you want, I can let you know when he's ready to be seen, but I can't promise it'll be today."

Jacob nods, "Please."

The woman smiles gently, "How are you related?"

"I'm his boyfriend. Jacob."

"Okay, Jacob. Have a seat, and I'll keep you updated."

"Thank you."

🌙

His leg bounces anxiously, his head resting in his hands.

It's been a little over two hours and, true to her word, the woman, whose name Jacob found to be Michelle, updated every chance she got.

He still wasn't completely sure what was wrong other than how Troye ended up here.

But even then, he wasn't sure what happened to cause the accident.

He lets out a breath, his phone vibrating with a text from his best friend Chris, asking about any updates.

"Jacob?"

His head snaps up to see Michelle.

"You're welcome to go see him, honey. Room 324."

Jumping up, Jacob races to the elevator to go to the recovery floor of the hospital.

Quickly finding the room, the door is shut.

Hesitantly knocking, a doctor opens the door.

"Hello. Who are you?"

Tears spring to his eyes as he sees his boyfriend laying still in the hospital bed.

Wires and heart monitors are connected to him from every direction, a breathing tube shoved into his mouth, his face and body bruised, dark spots on his chest exposed from the blanket having been pulled down.

"I'm Josh. I'm Troye's boyfriend."

"Come on in."

Jacob walks in and stares at the blond boy as he sits down in the chair next to the bed.

"He's asleep right now, but surgery went perfectly."

Jacob stays quiet and carefully grabs his boyfriend's hand, the clammy skin resting numbly against the elder's.

"Do you know when he'll wake up?"

"Well, he's asleep right now due to the anesthesia. So I'd give it about an hour or two at most."

Jacob sighs softly, not taking his eyes off his boyfriend's marked face.

"Would you like a minute?"

"Yes. Please."

"If you need anything, press this button here."

Jacob nods, glancing at the red button on the wall next to the bed.

🌙

The sun was starting to set after an hour.

Jacob watches silently, his head lying on his arm on the side gate of the bed.

He rubs his thumb softly over his boyfriend's hand.

Looking up at the blond, he shuts his eyes sadly, the boy still unconscious. "I love you, sweetheart," Jacob whispers.

"I'm not going anywhere, okay? I'll be here as long-"

Jacob snaps his head over to their conjoined hands, having felt a very subtle squeeze.

He looks back at Troye, "Tro? C-can you hear me?"

A quiet noise leaves the boy's throat, strangled due to the breathing tube.

Jacob smacks the button to alert a doctor before turning his full attention to his boyfriend as he begins to whimper softly, "A doctor's coming, honey. Can you open your eyes?"

Jacob watches for a few moments as Troye's eyes move back and forth under his eyelids.

They open slightly, making Jacob excited.

A doctor walks in and immediately over to Troye as he sees his eyes open.

Troye begins to gag around the tube before the doctor is quick but careful to pull it out.

Troye coughs for a moment before developing a face of pain.

"Jacob," Troye whispers.

"I'm here, baby, I'm right here."

"What happened?"

"Um, you were in an accident. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but you're okay."

"He hit me," Troye mumbles.

"He hit you?"

"Yeah," Troye whispers, tears filling his eyes, the more the pain sets in. "It hurts."

"I'm connecting a stronger pain medicine right now, Mr. Sivan." Troye looks over with his eyes, too afraid to turn his head.

Looking over at Jacob, he attempts to squeeze Jacob's hand, but fails, as pain shoots through his arm and hand.

He sighs through his nose, "I'm tired, Jakie."

"Go to sleep, darling. I'll be right here. I promise, I'm not leaving."

"I love you," Troye mutters, his eyes shutting softly.

"I love you, sweetheart."