eighteen

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter eighteen✓ 

Alone. That's how Olivia felt most of the time.

It was raining outside while she sat in her room laying in her bed while staring at the ceiling like it was supposed to tell her what to do.

Melissa was at the hospital, Scott was with Allison, Stiles was with Cora and Lydia was somewhere, hell if she knew. Stiles had asked if she wanted to come with him to go do something including Peter Hale, but she opted not to. She didn't feel like it today, not feeling motivated to get out of bed and start the day even if it was one in the afternoon.

Her body felt weightless and her soul felt emptier than usual.

As she stared up into a pit of nothing, she pictured what her mom would be doing if she were alive. Maybe bringing her some pancakes with her special blueberry sauce? God, those were her favorite besides the banana bread she made. What would her brother be doing? Definitely having his music full blast to the point where she would have to throw it out the window and get another one...it happened too often. The house would be full and lively, not a moment of silence seeping through the cracks.

A sad smile pulled at her lips.

"Ah yes, see I know what you are, very special, extremely rare. Quite interesting as well."

"Do families keep secrets from one another?"

The repulsive voice etched itself in her jumbled thoughts. Suddenly, a wave came over her, an idea coming to mind. She instantly knew what she wanted to do today.

☾☾☾

The ding of a doorbell rang above her, bouncing around the area inside. Her nerves were high strung for some reason, anxiety engraving itself in her veins. Why was she nervous? She's wanted answers for so long and she might get them. But, she was afraid of what the answers might be...

What if they were worse than what she imagined? and she has imagined worse.

"I was wondering when you would stop by."

Olivia practically jumped out of her skin by the voice. It's almost like he could sense that she was having a nervous breakdown while standing in the middle of the room, unmoving.

"Oh, hi, uh, I'm Olivia–"

"I know who you are, Olivia, but nice to meet you...formally this time." A small laugh fell from his lips and that just made her even more nervous if that was even possible.

"G-good," some sort of nervous laugh left her mouth, "I was just wondering if you could help me out a bit?"

Deaton smiled with grace, looking strangely calm yet thoughtful at the same time. "I think I can provide a little bit of service to you, but not much. Follow me." He said, going back into the room which was oddly familiar to her.