THIRTEEN

Andie

All Andie wanted was a break. Just a quick break. Maybe some water to quench her thirst.

Instead she got these two sweaty men manhandling her for a sleazy shot.

Feeling one of their hands travel further down her waist, she squirmed and barked at them, hoping to scare them off, but it only encouraged them to tighten their grip.

"Hey. Let her go." A voice rumbled from behind her. The two men didn't budge.

Before she knew it, they suddenly gasped and mumbled something about being huge fans. They released her and retreated, giving her space to finally breathe. She turned around to thank her saviour, only to feel her heart immediately sink.

"Oh great. It's you."

She'd recognise that brown mop and cold green stare anywhere, even if it wasn't accompanied by a condescending smirk this time.

She stalked off, eager to distance herself before he made some smug remark on her tacky costume.

"Wait!" The man traipsed after her, catching up in a matter of seconds. "A thank you would be nice, you know."

"Thank you," Andie spat, refusing to meet his gaze.

"You're welcome," he returned, not slowing his pace. "What... Are you wearing?"

She rolled her eyes, expecting a storm of snide comments to follow suit. "I'm working."

"In that?" He chuckled. "What are you supposed to be?"

"A ninja," she replied through gritted teeth. If she could have her way, she would have won any argument with this prick in a normal outfit. Heck, even dressed as a badass warrior princess.

But here she was, in slutty leather shorts, trying to get him out of her hair.

"If you don't mind, I have to work. Now leave me alone."

"Hey, alright. Just stop for one sec." He jumped in front of her, forcing her to halt. "At least let me get you some water and food in the VIP room."

Andie chewed her lip. Water and snacks sounded tempting, but the most seductive was the thought of relaxing in a room without any fanboys trying to feel her up.

As she considered her options, her gaze travelled down his taut grey sweater to the badge on his lanyard.

MILES MASON - MAD LABS.

"We could continue our conversation," he remarked suggestively, like he knew that would hook her in.

"Fine. But just for a while."

He winked and beckoned her to follow. She sighed inwardly, wondering how much more she had to take. Thankfully she only had to fill in for the original cosplayer for three more days, but it was looking to be a long, gruelling trial.

She studied Miles Mason from behind. His sweater ended right above his ass. His ass. The black denim wrapped around it, almost too tight -

"Hey. Eyes up here."

Andie's head snapped back up, where he stood next to a security officer and the door to the VIP area. She cringed inside, the small curl of his lips confirming that he caught her checking him out.

"This is James. He's sending one of his guys to make the rounds with you. Make sure you don't get harassed."

"Oh, you don't have to -"

"Don't worry, ma'am. Happens all the time. We're happy to help," James boomed, his voice commanding. Andie simply nodded and thanked him.

"Now you're coming with me." Miles Mason opened the door into the VIP room, and a rush of cool air and fresh pizza drew her in.