TWENTY

Miles

Miles wasn't banking on Andie to get off so quickly. There were still so many unspeakable things he wanted to do to her body, especially in that damned costume, but it was just as well that she finished when she did. The other cosplayers would have interrupted their fun.

One of them was dressed as Jessa, and he couldn't help but notice the uncanny resemblance, down to her complexion.

Suddenly remembering what he was just doing, he turned to Andie and smirked at his accomplishment.

He thought he caught a hint of jealousy in her eyes, but she smiled back at him, and he very much enjoyed the glimpse of his red marks on her cheeks as she walked.

This casual arrangement might work out after all.

He returned to the Mad Labs pavilion, where a crowd of fans had gathered around Liam. But as he approached, they gushed and flocked towards him, leaving Liam high and dry.

Miles chuckled when he saw the betrayal on his friend's face, but then he noticed a familiar face beside him. What's Paige doing here? He wondered quizzically as he signed off a few game posters and magazines. Was she and Liam...?

He pushed the nosy thought from his mind. It was useless to fret - Liam would tell him either way. He wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut about something this big.

Miles continued to chat with the fans, when one of them came forward and caught his eye.

It was the Jessa cosplayer from the break room. He took a double take, trying to convince himself that this woman was not her - she couldn't be. He took a closer look and to his relief, she looked younger, with a sharper jaw and freckled nose.

"Hi Mr Mason, I'm Heidi," she greeted him excitedly. "I love the way you made Jessa. She's such a strong female lead and I found a lot of strength through her."

Miles grinned, proud that he had achieved what many creators couldn't. He felt a sudden surge of boldness. He'd been drugged by the high of getting Andie off, and it now fully dawned on him that he could have any woman in the room without any loss.

After all, things with Andie were only temporary.

"Thanks Heidi. Call me Miles," he said, touching her forearm and feeling her goosebumps rise.

╳◯

The rest of the day crawled by as waves of fans milled through the Mad Labs pavilion, eager to collect their autographs. Some fans even tried digging into Miles for any hint of a sequel to come, but his lips were shut tight.

Catching a break, Miles approached Liam, who was chilling in the demo lounge in the pavilion.

"Animators just don't get the same love," his friend joked wryly.

"It's a chore," Miles muttered back, hiding his weariness from the fans.

Liam rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Man, I know you think you're being humble, but you gotta know how douchey you sound."

Miles sighed as he reclined in the chair. He hadn't caught a glimpse of Andie for the rest of the day, and he was getting... Fidgety. He imagined her prancing around in those tight shorts, the burning red marks in full view of prying eyes.

The nerds must be salivating after her, fantasising about being the one to spank her ass red and swollen.

He cleared his throat and shifted the weight in his pants. It was going to be a long day.