TWENTY SEVEN

Andie

Andie woke with closed eyes, the aroma of coffee playing with her senses. She stretched out her arm, expecting to graze against warm flesh, but all she hit was the empty sheets.

She fluttered her eyes open, surprised at the vacant space where Miles laid last night.

She rose from the bed and groaned, feeling the soreness throb between her legs. If anything was a good dicking, last night was it.

She scanned the floor and found only her bra and panties strewn beside the bed.

Did he really tear my bra off? She thought, picking the items off the floor.

He had taken the Jessa costume with him.

Her heart sank. She didn't know what she was expecting - for him to stay? Give her a peck on the cheek and an "I'm off to work, honey"? That was ridiculous, she said she wanted it casual.

But she was definitely not expecting him to just leave without saying goodbye. Last night had to have meant something to him.

She pottered towards the pantry and realised he had arranged a breakfast plate for her and left the coffee pot on. A silly smile tugged at her lips as she poured herself a cup.

She didn't know how or when, but somewhere along the line, casual ceased to be enough.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter here - I'm too eager to get to the drama. Grab your popcorn because it is about to begin!