THIRTY NINE

Andie

Andie couldn't control the big, silly grin that had been plastered on her face since her eyes fell on Miles.

She had never seen him in casual wear – he was in an army green sweater and brown chino shorts, with sunglasses perched on his perfectly coiffed hair – but it was somehow even more delicious than his crisp shirts. It was like being drenched in a refreshing bath after weeks of dry, unending thirst.

Oh, the thirst.

Her heart was still fluttering as they walked up to his car, a gleaming black BMW pulled up by the valet. She knew he was successful, but she was still surprised by this level of extravagance.

"Nice ride," she drawled, running her fingers over the immaculate dashboard.

"I like how smooth she is," Miles returned, steering the wheel effortlessly. "She purrs."

"Does she?" Andie smirked. "Like a little pussy in heat?"

Hearing him take a sharp breath, she awarded herself a point for getting him so hot and bothered. It was too easy.

╳◯

After enjoying a ride filled with heated gaming debates, Andie found herself surprised yet again.

They had pulled up to a quiet block of Georgian-style apartments, with vine creeping down the red brick walls and cosy white windows looking out onto the street. She thought the smooth, suave and slick Miles Mason would be living in a penthouse suite in the middle of the city, or anything even remotely resembling a bachelor pad.

She certainly never thought he'd be cosying it up like this.

As soon as the lift doors slid closed, Miles scooped her up in his arms and captured her lips in a stormy kiss. She returned his ferocity, hungry for his taste.

He was even better than she remembered.

As she pressed her body urgently against his, Andie found a little surprise waiting for her.

"Oh? Someone's got a present for me?" She reached down, cupping the bulk in his shorts. Miles groaned audibly. She squeezed and tugged it, feeling it strain like a tight, stubborn lever.

"Andie." His voice was rough and deep. "Liam's at home."

"Oh, is he? Well that's too bad then." She pouted and released his bulge.

He grunted, whipping her around to face away from him. Feeling him bend her over, she clutched the lift rails for support, and felt his merciless palm spank down on her ass.

She cried out, barely recovering before he slapped her again, the thin fabric of her yoga pants doing little to soften the impact. Her cheeks tingled with a mixture of pain and arousal.

Her mouth gaped open, and she was unsure if she was going to say "Miles" or "more" when the lift doors suddenly opened.

A middle-aged couple stood outside the lift, their eyes wide with shock. Andie was still bent over, her knuckles white against the lift rail, her butt perked up in the air.

"Darling, are your cramps better?" Miles exclaimed, rubbing her back. Her face flushed with embarrassment as she looked away from the couple and stood upright, adjusting her T-shirt.

"Y-yes, much better now," she stammered and followed Miles out of the lift. "Have a good day," she murmured as they passed the couple.

Miles flashed her an evil smirk as he unlocked his apartment door, and Andie was about to sock him one when she heard a voice from inside the house.

"Mate! Mate you've got to come and see what Paige –"

He halted as Andie peeked into the doorway.

"Oh. Hey, I'm Liam. I see you're the 'something important' that Miles went to get."

She cast Miles a questioning look, but he wordlessly rolled her luggage in and held the door for her.

"Well, look what the cad brought in," Liam said, studying her face. "How's life been since meeting the world's most eligible and emotionally constipated bachelor?"

"Liam, give it a break." A girl came over to see the commotion and spotted Andie. "Hi, I'm Paige! Oh my god, I love your look, it's so effortless, like, you just woke up like that."

"Well, all it took was ten concealers and three eyeshadows," Andie joked, earning a laugh from Paige.

"Alright, enough chit-chat," Liam interjected. "Who's ready for dinner?"