SEVENTEEN

Andie

Andie did not like that look. When a guy's mouth curled up in a wicked grin like that, it usually signalled that some naughty thought had crossed his mind.

Her eyes wandered down to his forearms, imagining him running his large hands all over her -

Oh for God's sake Andie, who's the one having naughty thoughts? She chided herself and bit the inside of her cheek to prevent a similar telltale smile from playing on her lips.

"What do you mean, show me?" She asked cautiously.

Miles chucked his napkin aside and rose from his seat. He nodded his head toward the exit.

She sighed and got up, unable to fight her curiosity and the sway this arrogant man had on her.

They trotted back across the street, the convention centre now a silent fort looming in the night. Andie shuddered as she recalled her encounter just hours ago, and how glad she was to be whisked out of there.

And now they were diving right back in.

"Are you sure about this?!" Andie hissed as they walked towards the front gate. Her heart pounded when she realised there was a guard standing watch – and Miles was heading straight for him.

"Just trust me," Miles muttered before approaching the guard, who now stood alert and suspicious of the two late-night visitors.

Trust you? Why should I trust you! Andie screamed back at Miles in her mind. All she knew about this man was that he made some video games that just so happened to win some awards that just so happened to launch him into the limelight. None of that was going to work on some graveyard shift guard -

"Thanks my man." Miles clapped the guard on the back and turned to Andie, gesturing her through the now-open gate.

"What... How..." Andie stuttered as they traversed the parking lot and slid through the back door of the centre.

"I just showed him this." He tapped his badge; the same one he'd been wearing the entire day.

MILES MASON - MAD LABS.

Andie frowned. "You mean you simply told him you were Miles Mason, and this white-haired guard recognised you instantly, and let you waltz right in?"

Miles smirked deviously in the dark and yanked open the door to the exhibition hall, beckoning her in.

"I guess it's possible he might have a kid who idolises you or something..." Andie pondered as they walked past the shadows of life-sized standees and character cutouts. She barely believed the odds of it herself.

"That wouldn't be unlikely. He's probably got his own copies tucked away in his dresser," Miles snickered. "But it was more likely this."

Andie looked to where he pointed, unimpressed. It was his badge again. She rolled her eyes. "Yes, what about it? Miles Mason - Mad Labs... oh."

Beneath his name and studio, the word ORGANISER gleamed. She chuckled sheepishly, realising that Mad Labs was one of the partners of the event.

Her attention returned to where Miles had brought her.

"Hey, we're at Golden Vault," Andie remarked. "What are you playing at, Miles?"

He motioned her to a TV screen on the booth wall that was plugged into a demo console. He booted it up and the screen winked to life.

𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝚃𝙾 𝙳𝙰𝚆𝙽

> 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚎
𝚂𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜