Chapter 4: The Book of Love

Jenn is in her room sitting on her computer, typing an essay, when someone knocks on her window. Startled she looks back and it's Khalil. She gets up and goes out of her window and on to the roof.

"Khalil what the hell are doing here it's 10:00 at night", Jenn says.

"I have a question J", Khalil replies.

"And it couldn't wait until morning Khalil", Jenn says.

"No I feel it's important", Khalil says.

Jenn looks over him for a few minutes then sits down and motions for him to sit.

"You have 5 minutes", Jenn says.

"Where are we J?", Khalil asks.

"What do you mean?", Jenn says.

"I mean at certain times I feel close to you but other times I feel you're not feeling what I'm feeling", Khalil says.

"Khalil if you came over just for this you can just leave", Jenn says.

"Cmon J, You don't feel anything", Khalil says.

"Khalil I will care for you always and will have your back but too much has happened that we can't forget about, I mean you killed my dad even though we brought him back, and let's not forget that you tried to kill me", Jenn replies.

"Yeah but that was painkiller", Khalil says.

"But it was Khalil who created him", Jenn says, "and when I'm around you I don't know whether I'm gonna get painkiller or Khalil".

"I TOLD YOU PAINKILLER WAS DEAD J", Khalil replies.

"BUT FOR HOW LONG KHALIL", Jenn says standing up.

"Oh I see what it is, you started feeling that Brandon dude and now you forgot all about me", Khalil says.

"I'm not feeling Brandon, I'm just not ready for a relationship", Jenn replies.

"With me or with Brandon", Khalil.

"With anybody", Jenn replies.

"Ight man I'm out", Khalil says walking toward the end of the roof.

"Khalil don't leave the team needs you", Jenn says.

"I'm not gonna leave the team because I made a promise but I am gonna leave you J", Khalil says.

"Khalil wait—", Jenn starts but her phone buzzes.

A text reads: Pod kid spotted at North Freeland meet at Gambi's for further info.

Jenn grabs her jacket and runs out of the door. When she arrives Everyone is there except Khalil.

"Is it for me I could really shock something right now", Jenn says.

Just then Khalil walks in, everyone turns and looks and then looks away concerned.

"No but it is for Grace, Pod Kid William-power Animal Strength meaning he can gain any power or strength of any animal", Gambi says.

"I'm on it Grace says", she goes to the back to get her suit then runs out the escape door.

"BE CAREFUL", Anissa screams.

"We can watch her from this camera I installed in everyones suit", Gambi says.

"That's very brilliant Gambi", Jeff says.

On the monitor Grace is chasing this pod kid who is taking on the speed of a cheetah. She finally traps him in an abandoned building.

"Hey I'm only here to help you, now you're being controlled but if you come with me—", Grace starts but he comes charging at her with tiger speed and strength.

She morphs into her tiger form and charges at him. As soon as she about to pounce on him he flips her over his shoulder knocking her back into her human form.

"Ahh", Grace says. She hesitates to get back up.

"Cmon get up Grace", Anissa says.

Eventually She stands up and turns into an alligator he tries to attack her but she swings her tail knocking him into the wall. She transforms back into a human. She starts to walk up to him when a woman kicks her hard on her side. She turns around to see another Pod kid charging at her she tries to fight but the Pod Kid is stronger.

"Grace needs help she can't beat this Pod Kid this is Tanisha she has non stop super strength", Gambi says.

"She's mine!", Anissa says suiting up and running out the escape door.

Back on the monitor Grace is struggling to fight both Pod Kids. Every time she knocks down William, Tanisha knocks down her. Grace stands up and kicks William into an old septic tank, knocking him out. Tanisha kicks grace knocking her to the other end of the building. She then charges at Grace until you hear the sound of an inhaling breath. Grace and Tanisha look over and see Thunder. Tanisha stops and charges at Thunder who thunderclaps sending Tanisha through the wall and outside.

"Grace are you okay", Thunder says running up.

"Yeah I'm fine but I caught a pod kid he's over there", Grace says pointing to the septic tank.

"Ok you get William to my mom so she can get him back in his pod and I'll go get Tanisha", Thunder says.

"Ok", Grace says running over to William.

Thunder walks to the hole she threw Tanisha out of and to her dismay Tanisha is gone and no where in sight.

"Damnit", Thunder says getting on her Motorcycle and speeding off.

When she gets back to Gambi's, Jeff is on the phone with Lynn.

"Is that mom", Anissa ask.

"Yeah, she says Grace brought the Pod Kid and he's back in the pod but Grace is pretty banged up so she's gonna stay there with her", Jeff says.

"Ok tell her I'll be there as soon as I can", Anissa says.

"To bad we couldn't get Tanisha", Jenn says.

"Yeah but it's good we at least got one and now that we know Tobias strategy to send two pod kids at one time everyone needs to be on high alert, but that's all for tonight so you all can go", Gambi says.

They all walk out and Anissa hurried over to Lynns workspace, when she arrived she ran up to Lynn.

"Where is she?", Anissa says.

"Down the hall last door on the left but Anissa don't put stress on her or she'll morph into her child form", Lynn says.

"Ok thanks mom", Anissa says running down the hall and into Grace's room.

"Baby are you okay, that was one hell of a fight, I'm surprised you made it out, you scared me", Anissa says.

Grace morphs into her child form and begins to cry.

"No no no, I meant are you feeling any better?", Anissa says changing her wording.

Grace morphs back into her adult self and sit up on the bed beside Anissa.

"Yeah I'm fine my animal morphing helps me heal a lot faster, but it's a good thing you got there when you did", Grace says.

"Always you know I got your back, I can't even pull myself to think about losing you", Anissa says.

"Aww your a little punk and I love you for it", Grace says lying back down.

"I'll take that and I love you too", Anissa says laying beside Grace.