Chapter 8: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 2

Jeff wakes up to whispers coming from the sanctum.
He walks out to see Jenn and Anissa siting at the table drinking a glass of water.

"Hey why are you girls up, it's like 4 am", Jeff says.

"I couldn't sleep thinking about mom", Anissa says.

"Neither could I", Jenn replies.

"I know girls", Jeff says, "I wish she was right next to me right now, there's no telling what they are doing to her".

"Dad something just makes me wanna fly over there and get mom myself, I hate when mom has to go through this", Jenn says.

"Yeah well just be patient we'll get mom once we get up in the morning", Jeff says.

"Yeah but the morning can't seem to get here any faster", Jenn says.

"Not without you sleep anyway", Jeff says.

"You're right, I'm going", Jenn says.

She gets up and walks back over to get in her bed.

Anissa still sits there.

"Hunny are you okay", Jeff says.

"Yeah I just really don't want anything to happen to mom, we don't know what these people have planned for her she doesn't have any powers so she can't punch her way out of this situation", Anissa says.

"No but you can punch your way in to bring her out, don't let it stress you we will most definitely bring your mom back, okay", Jeff says.

"Okay", Anissa says.

"Now go get some sleep you have to be well rested for what we have planned tomorrow", Jeff says.

"Yeah you're right", Anissa says drinking the last of her water and going back to lay down.

Jeff looks off into space for a while then pulls out his phone and looks at him and Lynn on the screensaver.

"Whatever I do I will make sure I find you", Jeff says staring at the photo. He puts his phone down and goes back to bed.

In the morning everyone is in the sanctum eating breakfast. No one is talking but TC is on the computer reading every single database of the anonymous group. Gambi walks down drinking coffee and eating a bagel.

"Good morning everyone", Gambi says.

"Good Morning", everyone says but Anissa.

"Anissa, are you okay this morning", Gambi says.

"Yeah I'm fine, just sleepy, I tossed and turned all night I was so ready to get up and go fight", Anissa says.

"I know hunny but you have to wait just a little longer", Gambi says.

"Yeah but how much longer If I know Tobias he's gonna be trying to get his hands on his missing pod kids", Jeff says.

"I know but if TC hasn't gotten all the information yet neither can someone who can't talk to devices", Gambi says.

"Actually I just got everything I need to know about them", TC says.

"Well out with it", Grace says.

"Well there's about 40 cadets, so we would need all hands on deck, that's give the team -", TC starts.

"5 cadets a piece", Jeff says finishing his sentence.

"Yeah, but they have these devices at the back and front of the door that only electricity can't counteract, but it has to hit it at the exact same time", TC says.