Chapter 23: Finale ~ Part 1

Jeff puts his drink down and walks over to Gambi.

"Gambi what are you talking about we don't kill, and especially not for revenge", Jeff says.

"Jeff get your heads out of the clouds, this is not a street thug that grew up in the wrong side of the city who still deserves a life, this is a cold blooded killer and the only way to stop a cold blooded is to become one", Gambi replies.

"I still don't think that's the right way to go", Jeff says.

"Jeff put yourself in my shoes what if it was Jenn or Anissa, I thought you of all people would understand because he almost killed me and Lynn", Gambi replies.

"I just can't, you know what, I won't let you do this", Jeff states.

Gambi stares at Jeff for awhile then puts his cup down and looks Jeff in the eyes.

"Try and stop me!", Gambi replies.

Jeff eyes widen. Gambi walks out of the door. After the repast is over Lynn and Jeff are cleaning up.

"I don't know Lynn, Gambi just had this cold look in his eyes like he would do anything", Jeff states.

"Could you blame him", Lynn replies.

"Wait you're not seriously agreeing with what he said are you?", Jeff asks.

"I mean Jeff he lost his son, I wouldn't know what to do if this was Anissa or Jenn", Lynn says.

"So what are you saying I should just let him go and kill someone?", Jeff asks.

"I would never tell you to do that, I'm simply just saying you have to get out of your bubble and listen to the other ones", Lynn says.

"So now it's you and Gambi against me?", Jeff says.

"There you go again wrapped up in your own little bubble", Lynn says dumping out the rest of the trash and going to bed.

Jeff watches her, then sits in silence for a few minutes before going to bed.

The next day Jeff is sitting in the kitchen, drinking some coffee, Lynn, Jenn and Erica come out of their rooms quickly and head for the door.

"Hey, Hey, Hey, what's all the rush?", Jeff asks.

"Didn't you get the mission alert?", Jenn asks.

"No I didn't maybe my watch is broken", Jeff replies.

"Well hurry and let's go!", Lynn says.

"Let me throw some clothes on and I'll be ready", Jeff replies.

After about 5 Minutes they finally leave the house and go to the sanctum. When they arrive the team is already there.

"Sorry were late, Coffee man over here wasn't prepared", Lynn says.

"Yeah I think my watch is broken or something", Jeff replies.

"Your watch isn't broken I just didn't send the mission alert to you, since you don't wanna be a team player and help me take down Gravedigger", Gambi speaks up.

"Wait Dad we've been training for this for a while now and all of sudden you won't help us fight", Anissa says.

"That's not Gambis plan, he wants to kill Gravedigger as Justice for TC and finally not have to deal with Gravedigger", Jeff replies.

"I mean can you blame him", Jenn asks.

"Here this mess go", Jeff replies.

"I mean dad look you gotta look through Gambis perspective, he's hurt and Gravedigger is the cause of that now would you rather let Gambi hurt or get rid of the stem of that hurt?", Anissa says.

"I'm sorry but I can never get on the side of Murder", Jeff says.

"So what are you saying?", Anissa asks.

"I'm saying as long as y'all are a team of murder I cannot be on this team", Jeff replies.

"Wait Jeff you can't do this", Lynn states.

"Try and stop me!", Jeff replies.

Everyone is quiet for a moment, then Jeff takes off his watch, puts it on the table and leaves. Gambi walks over and picks it up and places it in Jeff's old suit pod.

"Well let's not let this stop what you called us here for", Anissa says to Gambi.

"Right, Well I called you all here to lay down the plan I have to take down Gravedigger", Gambi replies.

"Ok what is it?", Khalil says.

"Now we all know that Gravedigger has some more pod kids, it would be crazy for us to walk up on his facility when he has powerful metas waiting, we'll spend the whole fight with the metas then why we're actually there, so thanks to Lynn I was able to find the chip that was placed in all of their heads when they were first captured", Gambi states.

"And thanks to TC's research before he died we were able to find away to control them", Lynn says.

"Now it's only gonna be for about 30 minutes, which is long enough for us to lure them away from his facility and take them down before they turn back into Gravediggers servants so we have to act quick", Gambi says.

"So do you know the abilities of the pod kids this time too", Erica asks.

"Yes and if Grace will hand me those documents behind her I can assign you your Pod Kid", Gambi says.

Grace turns around and gives the stack of papers to Gambi.

"Thank You, Grace", Gambi says taking it away.

"No problem", Grace replies.

Gambi starts passing the papers arounds.

The Papers Read:

Grace - Trina
Brandon - Carmen
Erica - Alissa
Dionté - Trevor
Anissa - Tanisha
Jeff - Terrance
Khalil - Damien
Jenn - Carlos

"What about Jeff's person he isn't on the team right now so who's gonna take his pod kid?", Brandon asks.

"I can take him", Khalil states.

"Or me, I mean it beats sitting at home grieving", Erica replies.

"Actually I decided for y'all to go in groups, it's just safer", Gambi replies.

"Do you think something will happen to us?", Dionte asks.

"No it's just with everything going on we couldn't take another blow to our team like this again, and Gravedigger as we've seen has no regrets, so stepping forward, this is a death threat, and if you can't take this heat then you probably should just leave!", Gambi replies.

"Oh I'm in!", Jenn replies.

"Me Too!", Anissa says.

"You can't count me out of this", Erica says.

The rest of the team nods in agreement.

"Ok so the groups are Khalil, Dionte, & Brandon, Grace & Erica, And Jenn & Anissa, I figured that if I put Jenn and Anissa together they can take down their pod kid plus their fathers", Gambi states.

"This is gonna be risky but I'm down", Anissa replies.

"And if we get done before you guys we'll come and help if it's needed", Dionte says.

"Thank You", Jenn says to Dionte.

"Ok you know your Pod Kid and your assignment, go and talk with your group and get ready for tomorrow, this is gonna be one of the most dangerous missions we've had besides going against Gravedigger", Gambi says.

The team packs up and leaves to go home and get prepared for the mission tomorrow!!