Chapter 14: Family Reunion

When Jeff wakes up he's sitting in a dark room. As he looks up the man that took Lynn a while back is sitting in front of him.

"Oh so nice of you to wake up", the man says.

Jeff tries to get up but he chained to his seat.

"Who are you, let me go, where's my daughters?", Jeff demands.

"I wish I could let you go but we have things to discuss, your daughters are sitting in their own little room just like you, and as far as who I am, you should know I mean we are kinfolk", the man says smiling.

"I might be drowsy right now but I know damn well I ain't kin to no white man", Jeff says.

"Oh thats right you don't recognize me in this form", the man says pressing a button on the side of his neck and morphing.

"Gravedigger but I thought you were dead, we blew up the facility you were in", Jeff says.

"And I survived and got the pod kids that I wanted", Gravedigger says.

"Well why am I here", Jeff asks.

"Well thanks to you and your team of metas I have lost half of my meta army", Gravedigger says.

"Half, meaning there's....", Jeff starts.

"8-10 more", Gravedigger says, "and you guys captured the weaker ones".

"But I thought Tobias was behind the metas", Jeff starts.

"His face is", Gravedigger says turning into Tobias, "But I'm the brains behind the operation".

He turns back into himself.

"You still haven't told me why we're here", Jeff says.

"Well like I said your little team.....", Gravedigger starts.

"Will come save us", Jeff finishes.

"That team couldn't fight out of a paper bag without Black Lightning and his two daughters", Gravedigger says, "All I needed to do was take away the strongest member on the Team, Ms Lightning, the smartest member on the Team, Ms Thunder, & the backbone and leader of the Team, Mr Black Lightning himself".

Jeff frowns at Gravedigger. Gravedigger gets up and walks out.

———————————————————————————

At the Sanctum everyone is panicking.

"Everyone calm down", Gambi says.

"How can we calm down, we just lost 3 important people on our team", Brandon says.

"And you think panicking is the best way to go about this?", Gambi says.

Everyone sits down around the table.

"All I'm saying is that they were the glue that held us together", Brandon says.

"We know but we've been in situations like this before, we just have to sit down and think", Lynn says.

"Ok so as we know they took Jeff, Jenn, & Anissa, by tracking their suit I have pinpointed their location", Gambi says clicking on the screen showing them a facility.

"Hey that's where I followed that pod kid the night I was sick", Grace says.

"Wait so you know where this is", Gambi says.

"Yes", Grace replies.

"So you can lead us here", Gambi says.

"Us go there, we can't rescue them", Brandon says.