Chapter 13: The Book of Strength

It's game day in the Pierce house and the whole team is there.

"Oh cmon man what kinda pass is that", Brandon yells at the TV.

"Exactly, this type of stuff wouldn't be happening if Girls could play football", Anissa says.

"Agreed!", Grace says.

"What? those girls wouldn't even be able to stand a chance playing in football, they break one nail and they done", Khalil says laughing. Him and Brandon high five.

"You know there's more to some girls than nails and stuff", Erica says.

"Right, and Girls are just as strong as boys", Anissa says.

"Speak for yourself your indestructible", Dionte says.

"That has nothing to do with this", Anissa says.

"You know studies show that the percentage of strong women are relatively close to those of male, but if you would like to take a look at the intelligence side, the girls surpass the boys in every aspect", Lynn says.

"Look at you having to bring up, statistics to try to prove y'all selves, emphasis on try", Jeff says.

"So you think just because we're girls we couldn't put the ball through the hoop during this game", Jenn says.

"Well I mean that would work if we were watching basketball", TC says.

"Regardless I bet I could take any of you in a one on one fight", Jenn says.

"There's no doubt about it, but not all women have powers like you Jenn", Gambi says.

"I still feel like girls are just as capable to boys", Anissa says.

"You want to put that to the test", Brandon says.

"What's your bet", Anissa says.

"On the next team mission, girls have to get one pod kid and the boys have to get the other the first team to retrieve and put them back in a pod wins", Brandon says.

"Win what?", Jenn says.

"Bragging rights", Khalil says.

"Nah I want something better, how about who ever loses has to cater to the opposite team for a week", Anissa says.

"Oh you are so on", Dionte says.

"And since, Gambi and TC are boys y'all can't use them", Brandon says.

"Let's think about that, we can't use Gambi so y'all can't use Ms. Lynn meaning her facility meaning automatic win for the girls", Grace says.

"Fine y'all can use Gambi", Brandon says.

"I'm not a object", Gambi says.

Everyone laughs then continues to watch the game.

Later on that night, Jenn walks to sit on her roof. Brandon casually walks up to join her.

"Hey", Brandon says sitting beside her.

"Hey, is the game over?", Jenn ask.

"Nah but I'm tired of debating so I needed a break", Brandon says.

"Yeah me too", Jenn says.

They sit in silence for a moment then Brandon finally turns and faces Jenn.

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it, Jenn I wanna be with you, I've been wanting you since you gave me that weird school tour on my first day, I tried to hide my feelings but I just can't hold it in anymore", Brandon says.