Chapter 5: The Book of Jealousy

Jeff had just woke and he smelt breakfast downstairs, when he walked down Lynn, Jenn, Anissa and Grace were all in the kitchen cooking.

"Wow look who finally rose from the dead", Jenn said walking past Jeff to go set the table.

"Good morning to you too", Jeff says walking into the kitchen.

"Good Morning Mr. Pierce", Grace says stirring Pancake Batter.

"You don't have to call me Mr. Pierce, Jeff is fine", Jeff says walking over to Lynn.

"Hey baby, I hope you're hungry, we cooked a lot of food", Lynn says frying some eggs.

"I see that", Jeff says examine the room.

"Mom insisted we come over and eat the breakfast she was cooking but when we got here we were doing all of the cooking", Anissa says pulling some bacon out of the oven.

"Careful sweetie", Jeff says dodging the hot pan and walking in the living room.

"Give us about 30 Minutes and the food will be done", Lynn says.

Jeff goes into the Living and sits on the sofa, Jenn comes and sits beside him.

"Gambi showed me the list he made of pairing the most powerful meta with the strongest pod kid it's actually genius", Lynn says from the kitchen.

"Yeah that list is definitely something", Jeff says.

Jenn looks over at her dad concerned then turns to face him.

"You aren't mad that me and Anissa got higher than you are you?", Jenn says.

"No baby it's just a stupid list, I don't care about it", Jeff says never looking over at Jenn.

"Ok then", Jenn says getting up and walking toward the dining room.

"Ok it's time to eat come sit down everyone", Lynn says.

Everyone sits down and looks around at all the food.

"Wow mom this is a lot of food, I don't even know if I can eat on everything", Jenn says.

"Well someone as powerful as you can demolish everything on this table", Jeff says jokingly.

Everyone looks at Jeff and then at Jenn.

"Ok everyone bless your food then dig in", Lynn says.

After a silent blessing everyone begins digging in.

"So about this list did Gambi explain the placements ", Lynn asks.

"Yeah it made since what he put—", Anissa starts.

"The list seemed unbalanced to me, I'm so far down the list, when me and Jenn literally have the same power", Jeff says.

"I mean yeah dad but like Gambi said you have to absorb your power while Jenns body is constantly making it", Anissa says.

"Yeah but she is constantly over heating, how is that safe, it's not powerful it's dangerous", Jeff says.

"Are you seriously sitting here mad at me for being put on a list higher than you that you said didn't matter anyway" Jenn says.

"No I'm not mad I'm just saying", Jeff says.

"Saying what", Jenn says.

The house falls silent and just when Jeff is about to say something the whole house starts shaking.

"What is happening", Lynn says.

"And earthquake it's probably Brandon I'll fly over and check on him maybe Jealousy doesn't linger over there", Jenn says side eyeing her dad then running out the door.