Chapter 9: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 3

"Which how the hell did he do that", Thunder says.

"I don't know but if they fight like us were fucked", Brandon says.

The doppelgängers run and they begin fighting, everything they do the doppelgängers mimic.

"We need one more to throw off the balance". Lightning says.

"Dionté let Khalil take all the pod kids to Lynn's facility, you come help us", Black Lightning says.

Dionté runs down towards them and looks around.

"Whoa which one do I fight", Dionté says.

He examines each doppelgänger. He notices that each one of them have reddish eyes. Then he looks at the other ones and notice they show more facial expression.

"Ok I don't know which side I'm speaking to but if your not the doppelgänger, you need to create space between you and your doppelgänger, that way I can fire at them", Dionté says.

They continue going back and forth until Black Lightning throws his doppelgänger into the wall. Creating a space between the two.

"NOW!", Black Lightning yells.

Dionte freezes Black Lightnings doppelgänger. Thunder and her doppelgänger are neck and neck. They both push each other away and look at Dionté.

"I don't know which one to freeze", Dionté yells

"I do!", Black Lightning says shooting a lightning bolt towards thunder who pulls the doppelgänger in front of her.

"Aye dad", Thunder says looking at Black Lightning.

"I knew you would do that", Black Lightning says.

"Yeah okay", Thunder says.

Just then a bright light shines from down the hall. In the distance you can see Lightning and Her doppelgänger firing at each other at the same time. Brandon and His doppelgänger are throwing each other into the wall over and over again.

"Okay my powers are no where near strong enough to stop Lightning nor Brandon", Dionté says.

"I mean no one can stop them", Black Lightning says.

"Well since they are almost neck and neck in strength—", Thunder starts.

"Then they can beat each other", Black Lightning says.

"Exactly", Thunder says.

"So they need to fight the opposite doppelgänger", Dionté says.

"This is gonna be bad, for the doppelgängers", Thunder says

"Lightning and Brandon fight each other's doppelgänger", Black Lightning says.

Brandon and Lightning trade places. In a quick second Brandon knocks Lightning's Doppelgänger off of her feet and Lightning sends Brandons flying down the hall. Dionte freezes both. They all turn to leave as each doppelgänger combines and stands up.

"Really Dionté, your ice melts that quick", Brandon says.

The man transforms back into his true form.

"Until we meet again Pierce Family", The man says turning around and running out.

Lightning, Thunder, & Black Lightning look at each other.

"Hey guys we've ran into a slight problem", Khalil says over the mic.

"Problem like what", Black Lightning says.

"Tobias stole the pod kids back", Khalil says.

"Great now we not only have to worry about a man who knows our identity but 10 pod kids in the worst hands as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the sanctum they are all sitting around the table staring off into space.

"So explain to me again how the pod kids got away", Anissa says.

"Tobias showed up and I froze up, he hopped in the bus and drove off with them, I couldn't catch him on feet, and you guys were in the middle of something", Khalil says.

"So once again you let your emotions get the best of you and ruin a perfectly good plan", Anissa says.

"Hey take it easy, we were in the middle of something", Jenn says.

"No I'm tired of the excuses, he's a leak in our team, he doesn't have any powers, and he lets his emotions get the best of him, I know everyone has off days, but this one can't be overlooked", Anissa says.

"Anissa your letting YOUR emotions get the best of you right now", Lynn says.

"No I'm just speaking facts", Anissa says.

"Well that's just fine, I don't have to be on this team, I'm out", Khalil says getting up and walking out.

"Khalil wait", Jenn says.

"Nah Jenn I've seen where her head is ever since, I handed her, her own ass", Khalil says.

"You handed me my own ass", Anissa says.

"Yeah and your still mad about it", Khalil says.

"What is he talking about", Jeff says.

"Go on tell your parents how you almost died, lost your powers and everything when you tried to fight me", Khalil says.

"Excuse me", Lynn says.

"You didn't do anything, It was painkiller", Anissa says.

"Wait what did painkiller do to you", Jenn says.

"Go on tell them", Khalil says.

Anissa hesitates for a moment.

"Awhile back I was escorting some kids and as they were running out Painkiller arrived and we fought, thanks to his venom he touched my hand and I got really sick almost died and my powers were gone.

"Wait as in -", Jeff starts.

"As in not able to activate", Anissa says.

"Wait why didn't you tell anybody about this", Brandon says.

"Nah what happened to all that open book stuff you were preaching", Jenn says

"I was embarrassed but that doesn't change the fact that Khalil can't be trusted at all", Anissa

"Yeah when you don't give him a chance", Erica says walking off.

"He's has enough chances in this lifetime and the old one", Anissa says.

"Thanks for the epiphany", Khalil says walking toward the door.

"Khalil wait don't go", Jenn says.

Khalil keeps walking.

"Wow and I thought your girlfriend who can't control her shapeshifts was the leak in the team", Jenn says following behind Khalil.

Everyone sits for a moment then all get up and part ways. Leaving Lynn and Jefferson sitting at the table.

"Are we doing the right thing", Jeff says.

"What do you mean", Lynn says.

"The saving the world stuff is this right, I mean we're constantly almost getting killed, and it's ruining our daughters relationship", Jeff says.

"I believe that the saving the world thing was the best thing you could have ever done, and yeah I complain but it's only because I want you to go even harder", Lynn says.

"I'm gonna need to if I plan on getting Freeland back right", Jeff says laying his head in the table.

Hope you enjoyed this 3 part series I hope you liked it.