Chapter 11: The Book of Ownership

I am so sorry for the long wait this has been a looooooong month for me but here's the 11th Chapter of Black Lightning ~ A New Decade.

Weeks had passed by and the team had finally become a real team, besides Khalil of course.
Dionte had moved in with Brandon, TC was still crashing with Gambi, & Erica was about to move in with the Pierces.

"Jenn get the door for Erica", Lynn says, "We have to make her feel at home".

Jenn walks over to help Erica bring in her stuff.

"Hey let me help you with that", Jenn says bringing a few bags in the house.

"Thanks, for someone who doesn't have a home I sure have a lot of luggage from the ASA", Erica says.

"Yeah that's because the ASA went to where you stayed a few years back and got all of your clothes and shoes", Lynn says.

"Few years as in....", Erica starts.

"When they first put you in a pod", Lynn says lowering her smile.

"But nonetheless this is celebratory day, so only happy faces", Erica says.

"Yeah and for starters let me show you your room, my dad is upstairs putting the finishing touches to it", Jenn says.

The girls run upstairs and into Anissa's Old Room. The room had changed from an All Purple room to a light blue room with a king size bed.

"Wow this is more than I could have asked for!", Erica says.

"Its well deserved!", Lynn says.

Erica walks to examine the bathroom and the closet. Jeff phone rings and he takes a step out of the room.

"I have to be honest I was nervous before I came here", Erica says.

"Why is that?", Lynn asks.

"I've never actually had any family and the one that I had before I was put in a pod, I don't even remember", Erica replies.

"Well we're your family now, so make yourself at home and I'll start helping you unpack", Jenn says.

Jeff walks back in the room interrupting their conversation.

"Your gonna have to put a hold on that Jenn, Khalil has been spotted sitting at the park, I'm gonna go try to talk to him and I need you on stand by just in case he won't listen to me", Jeff says.

"Okay then let's go", Jenn says walking out.

Jeff gives Lynn a kiss then walks out. Lynn begins helping Erica unpack.

Once Jeff and Jenn arrive at the park, Khalil is sitting on a bench staring off into space.

"Ok there he is I'm gonna go try to talk to him", Jeff says getting out.

He walks over to Khalil and sits beside him. They sit in silence for a minute before Jeff tries to speak.

"Mr. P I don't mean any harm but I don't wanna hear any apologies", Khalil says first.

"Well that's good because I didn't come to give you one", Jeff says looking over at Khalil.

"Well what did you come over here for?", Khalil ask.

"I came to tell you that there's no other place where you will feel appreciated or you won't be judged except if you come back to the team", Jeff says.

"The team doesn't need me", Khalil says.

"That's a lie and you know it", Jeff says.

"Even if the team did need me there's to many people that feel I shouldn't be on the team", Khalil says.