Chapter 20: Chip Overload

"Wait so Gravedigger has TC?", Jeff asks.

"Unfortunately", Gambi replies.

"Then we have to go save him", Brandon states.

"Agreed", Jenn chimes in.

"No need I'm right here", TC says walking in.

"TC are you okay", Gambi says walking over and examining him.

"Yeah I'm fine, Gravedigger mind wiped the five us to send us on these little missions, there's was to go and attack the most important members of the team, mine was to come to him and tell him all of our little secrets but I escaped before he could get me to say anything", TC replies.

"Most Important, but Erica attacked Jenn, not me", Jeff says to TC.

"Really!", Jenn says.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean it like that", Jeff replies.

"He didn't send anyone to attack you because he wants to do it himself and as far as the strapping down over there you can let them up it was a 2 Hour mind wipe", TC states.

Jenn, Brandon, & Jeff begin unstrapping them.

"Well I gotta get going I didn't get any sleep last night and I wanna go check on my mom", Jenn states.

"Sorry about that again", Khalil says.

Jenn side eyes Khalil then walks out.

"I think everyone should get going and get some rest", Jeff replies.

Everyone starts moving out the door to go home.

"Gambi call us if any missions pop up", Jeff says walking out.

Back at the house Anissa is sitting on the bed wiping Lynn's face with a cold rag. Some of the green veins have disappeared but a few still remain. Jenn walks up with Jefferson following her.

"How's she doing", Jeff asks.

"She's healing well but she's having severe sweats and shortness of breath, Khalil really did a number on her, mom almost didn't make it", Anissa replies.

"Yeah I know", Jeff states.

Jenn walks over and leans on the wall.

"It's all my fault", Jenn says quietly.

"Baby girl what'd you say?", Jeff asks.

"I said its all my fault, from day one y'all have been saying Khalil doesn't need to be on this team because he's a danger to us all, but I constantly kept defending him and now look", Jenn says pacing.

"Hey! Hey! Jenn look at me", Anissa starts.

Jenn stops pacing and stares at Anissa.

"This is not your fault this is Gravediggers fault and every shitty thing that has happened to us is because of him, so if you want to blame anyone blame him", Anissa finishes.

"Thanks, I needed to hear that", Jenn replies.

"Okay girls lets give your mother some rest", Jeff says standing up and walking towards the door.

Jenn walks over and pulls the blanket over Lynn and kisses her forehead.

"I'm so sorry this had to happen to you", Jenn whispers walking out.

"Y'all want to do something to pass the time", Anissa asks.

"Sure, anything but watching TV, if he controls one of us the whole team is going down", Jeff says.