Chapter 10: The Book of Change

A few weeks had passed by and everyone had been at home for a while, there was no crime so the team had yet to be reunited. Jenn & Lynn were standing in the kitchen talking. Jeff walks downstairs and walks into the kitchen.

"Morning", Lynn says.

"Morning", Jeff grunts.

"What's on your mind this morning", Lynn says.

"The Team, and how it's nothing like a team", Jeff says.

"Well you cant beat yourself up over this, I think the team just forgot the meaning of a team", Lynn replies.

"Nah they just need to stop hiding stuff from each other we're suppose to be like family yet we keep stuff a secret", Jenn says

"Y'all make a good point, emergency meeting at 2:00 pm", Jeff says getting up and walking out.

"Oh lord, what did we just do", Jenn says.

"I don't know but it might be for the good", Lynn says.

At 2 everyone had made their way back to the sanctum. It was quiet as everyone sat around the big long table. Jeff walks in and Jenn walks up to him.

"You get in touch with Khalil?", Jenn ask.

"No he has officially been wiped off of any grid on Freeland", Jeff says.

Jenn shakes her head then sits down with everyone else.

"So before I get yelled at for calling you all here, I need to get something off my chest", Jeff says.

Everyone looks up at Jeff.

"Can anyone tell me the definition of a team", Jeff ask.

The room falls silent.

"A team is a group of allies working together to achieve a common goal", Brandon replies.

"Good, and what is this teams goal", Jeff ask.

"To secure all pod kids and keep Freeland from anymore danger", Erica replies.

"Exactly, but have we completed our goal", Jeff says.

"No!", TC says.

"Which means the importance of our team is still needed, so we can't give up on the team like we've been giving up on each other", Jeff says.

"We can't make a team if no one wants to fight alongside the other person", Grace says.

"That's my next point we need to start off with a clean slate meaning owning up to all of your secrets and squashing any type of hostility you have for the next man", Jeff says.

"This sounds familiar", Anissa says.

"Yet you didn't do it, the first time around", Jeff says.

The team looks at each other then back at Jeff.

"Okay so I'll start", Jeff says, "My secret is that I put Jenn towards the back and I never make Anissa leader because I'm afraid if I put them in the face of danger something will happen to my girls", Jeff says.

"Aww dad you don't have  to worry about us we knew what we were getting into when we agreed on forming this team", Jenn says, "And since I'm still talking I will tell my secret, which is that I throw myself at danger because I want to prove that I can be a great leader".

"You are a great leader sweetie, you don't need us to tell you this", Lynn says.

"Thanks mom, now you should tell us your secret", Jenn says.