3

BLOODLINES
— 3. Taunting

 It was morning time

It was morning time. Marie laid fast asleep in bed. Feeling the bed beside her dip, she slowly opened her eyes, wondering what the hell would do such a thing.

She jumped in fright, however, when she found Harry lying next to her, a taunting smile on his face. "Harry!" She scolded him, not liking the idea of him entering the room while she was sleeping.

She slapped him on the arm and Harry laughed in response. "You must have been dreaming about me," He remarked, pausing as he gestured downwards, "It would explain the drool."

"Oh, you wish," She retorted, a smile forming gradually forming on her lips.

"You speak in French when you sleep, you know," Harry informed Marie, who tensed up at the thought.

She prayed to God she didn't say anything that would raise alarm with Harry. "Pity," She replied, acting as though nothing was wrong, "Hope I didn't say anything too embarrassing."

"Pity for me. I don't really speak French," Harry responded, causing Marie to give him a confused look, "Just because I'm taught the language doesn't mean I actually listen."

Marie quietly chuckled, finding what Harry said amusing. He sounded like Kathy.

  "There's a banquet today. For the toast of Gaunt. My father's idea, celebrate our bloodline," He informed Marie, who sighed at the thought.

"I'm not surprised," She muttered under her breath and rolled her eyes.

  "I warn you," Harry commented, turning to give her a mischievous look, "I might just ask you to dance."

"Oh, I don't dance. You know that," Marie replied, watching as Harry stood up and began to walk around the bed.

"Well, today..." He trailed off, stopping when he was standing in front of her. He smiled, grabbing ahold of her hand, "You shall. With me."

"What are you even doing here?" Marie complained, tugging her hand out of his grip while Harry frowned in concern.

He was about to answer when the door opened. Charlie and Kathy waltzed in, causing Marie to groan and fall back onto the bed. "Oh, come in, why don't you?" She complained, causing Kathy to smile in amusement.

"Marie," Kathy greeted the girl happily, "We're off to taunt Arthur, since he clearly did not bed Catherine last night. Would you like to join us?"

"I shall pass on this one," Marie replied, waving the duo off.

"Why's that?" Charlie asked, raising a brow at Marie.

"Shouldn't we be happy for him?" Marie found herself asking the group, "He's married to a beautiful Spanish princess."

Harry, Charlie, and Kathy turned to each other. They were silent for a long moment before they all began to laugh hysterically. She rolled her eyes at them, clearly not finding what they did funny.