24

BLOODLINES
— 24. Without My Love

    It was nighttime and Marie stood in the chambers she shared with her husband

    It was nighttime and Marie stood in the chambers she shared with her husband. She sighed in frustration, struggling with undoing the ties on the back of her dress.

   Edward smiled as he watched her. He walked over to her, moving her hair to her right shoulder before he began to assist her in untying her dress. "How is it that I've allowed you to wear so many clothes?" He asked her, causing Marie to smile and chuckle.

"I do not know," Marie replied, playfully her eyes at him. She leaned her head back, leaning it against his chest as her husband pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"It's as though I rarely see you anymore. The King has overwhelmed me with so many duties to perform while you must do the same for the Queen," He explained and Marie nodded in agreement since he had a point, "It is unfair."

"Indeed," Marie admitted in a whisper as Edward slipped her dress off her shoulders. She lifted her hand and grabbed ahold of Edward's, pressing a kiss to it, "But at least we see each other every night and wake up together."

Allowing her dress to pool at her feet, Marie smiled and turned to face her husband, wearing only her small clothes. They grabbed onto each other's hand and walked over to the bed. She smiled slightly, slipping the gown off her body, which left her entirely naked.

She took a seat at the edge of the bed, continuing to smile as her husband made her way over to him. He removed his shirt before climbing onto the bed as well. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he knelt between her parted legs, the two of them beginning to passionately kiss.

_____

  It was morning time and at the joust being held by Henry, Kathy was standing near Mary. Ahead, Charlie stood near where Henry and Catherine did. Kathy smiled and rolled her eyes as she watched Henry take ahold of his son and raised him up for all to see. As he did so, the crowd cheered louder than ever before and Kathy rolled her eyes while clapping.

"How many bloody times is he going to lift the poor boy up like that?" Kathy commented and Mary smiled in amusement.

"Until the boy is too large to be lifted in such a way, I'm sure," Mary remarked, causing both sisters to laugh.

From afar, Marie walked over to where her husband was sitting on his horse. He wore his armor, preparing for the joust that he was to take part in.

"I pray that you do not get hurt and that you win," Marie confessed, looking uneasy as she stared up at her husband.

  "I pray that I am not harmed as well, though I hope I do not win," Edward confessed, causing Marie to frown in concern.

"Why is that?"