16

BLOODLINES
—16. Betrayal

 Betrayal

Moments later, Harry arrived at Marie's room and wasted no time entering the room. She was standing at the window and didn't bother turning to face him, already knowing it was Harry.

"She tried to seduce me," Harry admitted truthfully, causing Marie to turn to face him with a shocked look on her face, "But I refused her."

"Prince Harry, refusing the offer of bedding a woman?" Marie sarcastically asked as she turned to face him, "This girl you're in love with must be special."

"She is," Harry replied as he began to walk toward her with a small smile on her face, "She means everything to me and there's nothing in this world that will ever ruin what we have."

Marie smiled up at Harry, who was now standing in front of her. Harry grabbed her by the waist, pulling her closer to him before he kissed her passionately.

He began to kiss down her jaw and neck, only to stop when he felt Marie's hands drop to his breeches. He gradually began to smile and pulled away from Marie to give her an amused look. "What do you think you're doing?"

Marie began to blush, looking down at the ground, embarrassed. "What do you think I am doing?" She retorted, causing Harry to give her a nervous look.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked her in genuine concern, "If you're not ready, we may wait until we are wed—"

"Harry," Marie cut Harry off, a serious look on her face as she cupped his face in her hands, "I love you and I want you. All of you."

Harry smiled slightly, nodding his head in understanding. He wasted no time leaning forward, smashing his lips against hers as he began to untie the back of her dress.

_____

The following day, Harry found himself in the Palace gardens with his sister, shooting arrows.

As he released his arrow, he suddenly stopped, turning his head to see Joanna smirking at him as she walked by.

"What was that about?" Kathy asked, a genuinely confused look on her face.

"What would do if I told you Marie and I bedded each other?" Harry responded, causing Kathy to turn to him and give him a disapproving look.

"I'd call you the biggest fool of them all, especially after what happened with Joanna," Kathy replied with an attitude and Harry scoffed loudly.

"Nothing happened between Joanna and I. I refused her," Harry argued and Kathy nodded in agreement.

"Exactly. You refused her and told Marie about it. The poor girl probably felt like she was obligated to give you what you didn't give to Joanna," Kathy explained and Harry turned to his sister, giving her a weird look, "Tell me, brother, when was the last time you refused a girl, even when you realized you loved Marie?"